Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a message from trdtoy from XE who wants a test volunteer.
his words:

"Ask on your forum if any auto forte interested in testing a modified valve body out. Can be stock or highly modified and/or tuned auto cars.
If they cover core cost of the valve body I'll mod for free in return for feedback on how it performs and how they like it.
"

you can post here and i can relay to trdtoy and he will make the final verdict on who gets this opportunity.
i have no images or extra info yet. when he gets back with me i will provide more info as i get it.
be prepared to take pictures and give feedback and any other info he will want/need for testing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why does it need to be Auto? If it can be a manual I am in
this would be considered a stg 1 what he's offering at the moment. firmer shifts and more power holding capabilities.
manual has no issues holding power. they make better clutches for them to hold more than oem. nothing out there for the auto yet to hold more power.
he will be adjusting line pressure to hold more power and firming up shifts with accumulator modifications.
basic how to: drain atf, unbolt front trans cover, unbolt valve body, bolt new one in, bolt cover back on, refill atf.
i will have to get back with him on core charge if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for those who have concerns i asked to make sure.
are there any side effects, negatives, or any dangers of damaging anything when using this valve body swap?
being the tester are there any risks or has this been tested and just needs confirmation for forte turbo's?

"Testing actual line pressure changes and shift firmness on VT soon.
Need to confirm that it operates the same on a forte.

Line pressures nor shift firmness are not going to be real agressive on these and will be 100% safe.
Shift firmness would be noticeable but not harsh. Line pressure change will only be noticed in power holding ability.
Increasing the shift firmness makes the transmission life longer due to clutches slipping less
"

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
So what is the valve body here? The one in transmission? Any more details... PM please.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what is the valve body here? The one in transmission? Any more details... PM please.
he said to ask away here so that everyone can have a better understanding and when you are decided you can PM him actually.
you can ask several questions and even detailed ones. this mod is in its early stages so there aren't any pictures or much test info yet from the VT owners anyway.

the valve body is the control center of the automatic transmission.
it contains a maze of channels and passages that direct hydraulic fluid to the numerous valves
which then activate the appropriate clutch pack or band servo to smoothly shift to the appropriate gear for each driving situation.

yes the valve body is in the transmission but can be access without removing the bell housing located at the bottom from what i can tell.
here's a sample video for a different car but to just show you where its located.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.