Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been talking with trdtoy from VT forums and XE and he's given me a chance to test fit the ORHP on my car.
if it fits I get a discount and can confirm fitment for our cars at least the manual ones anyway.
it will be a few weeks before I get everything. i also ordered the 3.5 intake pipe and the 3TBS for the 60mm TB swap.

check it out: https://xenonelement.net/b/ccs/hf-orhp.html
other hotpipes and how they compare: http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-performance/19521-vt-hot-pipes-how-they-compare.html
also the instagram which has more new creations to come: https://www.instagram.com/xenonelement/
their DP are bad ass looking!

i'll keep y'all posted on all this stuff can't wait!!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
For 200 it sounds nice.
Aluminum - I wonder what is the long term stability of the metal for corrosion and how strong it is (any road debris damage).

Reactions: 15ForteSX

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For 200 it sounds nice.
Aluminum - I wonder what is the long term stability of the metal for corrosion and how strong it is (any road debris damage).
not sure but i'm sure it would have been addressed from the v1 of the hotpipe with the heatsink fins.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure but i'm sure it would have been addressed from the v1 of the hotpipe with the heatsink fins.
his reply:
The hot pipes are very resistant to corrosion in bare form and even more with the coating. Damage I've not seen or had any reported yet from anyone. Personally I blew one off during beta testing at over 100 mph and one end hit the asphalt. That left a good scuff but did no go through the pipe or anything. No bracket on that one so new ones this is not possible.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unfortunately looks like it's unavailable right now, along with their throttle body too... too bad, we'll have to see if they stock it again.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Will there be one of these available for AT drivers?
Is there any difference between MT and AT? Engine wise and exhaust seem to be same...

Reactions: SXTurbo

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is there any difference between MT and AT? Engine wise and exhaust seem to be same...
I thought I saw that pipe was only available for MT cars. I'd be interested in one, It's a mess under there with hoses leading to the resonator then another hose.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I thought I saw that pipe was only available for MT cars. I'd be interested in one, It's a mess under there with hoses leading to the resonator then another hose.
we are speculating that it should fit manual as the MBRP fits manual only from what i read here and other places.
not too sure about auto though it would be nice if they did fit. i can ask and find out if XE is doing anything.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I had manual and now I own auto.
I did not see anything different under there... however, I did not measure anything to be exact. Yet, engine mounts are in the same spots for both and are the same things. Hence, I doubt exhaust would be anything different since it does not have to do anything with the transmission which is on the side of the engine and far from the exhaust.

Just speculation...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had manual and now I own auto.
I did not see anything different under there... however, I did not measure anything to be exact. Yet, engine mounts are in the same spots for both and are the same things. Hence, I doubt exhaust would be anything different since it does not have to do anything with the transmission which is on the side of the engine and far from the exhaust.

Just speculation...
trdtoy said that they fit the VT auto's and that the MBRP was pretty much a bad design.
however, i have not been able to confirm it 100% yet for our cars let alone auto.
i'm assuming with all this, if it fits my manual it should fit the auto as well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
just an update
i got the hot pipe already and plan to do this with my next oil change soon.
i have 65A inserts for the lower mount coming friday so i'll be doing this first before the hot pipe.
i also got the ORCP, 3TBS, and 160F thermostat but will be doing this after the hot pipe.
i'll keep you guys updated with some pics too.

Unfortunately looks like it's unavailable right now, along with their throttle body too... too bad, we'll have to see if they stock it again.
next batch of HF hot pipes are said to be in mid-july
another 3TBS batch of 10 ordered. should arrive by next week.
will open these back up for ordering soon. lots of positive customer feedback.

Reactions: danbfree

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are the differences between the first one with the fins and this one?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The old ORHP v1, v2 with the fins flows a little less due to 1.87" ID and 3" radius bends. It has a fin section on it to help dissipate heat and has heat dissipation coating to help some as well.

The new High Flow ORHP he sell now flows more with 1.9" ID and longer sweeping 6" radius bends. Also has thinner wall tubing to cut weight and speed up heat transfer. Also heat dissipation coating to help as well. Fin section removed to save weight. Between this and thinner wall it is 1 lb lighter than the other. Bracket sent with these to help secure pipe under car along with better clamps. Both can be used with an oem or modified oem intercooler.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks...so I'm testing out a v1 tomorrow prior to buying it. I'm concerned about it not having brackets to secure it to the chasis. Do you think I can find something at Home Depot? Probably not included because of the fins

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks...so I'm testing out a v1 tomorrow prior to buying it. I'm concerned about it not having brackets to secure it to the chasis. Do you think I can find something at Home Depot? Probably not included because of the fins

trdtoy said he only started including brackets to be sure those who do not properly tighten the clamps do not ruin their pipes!
one has never came off from properly tightened clamps. according to him his came off due to not using good clamps.
if you insist on having a bracket you can contact him for one $5 a bracket shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Honestly for the money I went and made my own. I think I paid 60 or 70 for 2.5" pipe and couplers. Just need to cut the pipes to size and bead the ends and good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: PLP
1 - 20 of 76 Posts