Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my visor this morning but when it came to lining up the rears it didn't sick perpendicular or even slightly on the same plain. I can get the middle kind of looking ok but the rear would be severely compromised and knackered. The only way is to cut a bit of it off from the rear which wouldn't be a great loss since it only covers that bit of window you can't open anyway.

I know pictures would be great at this point but I didn't have the foresight to take any. I also installed my MS front lip. Wow, these two seemingly simple and straight forward installs is very much a trial and error when you're doing it for the first time. I had to run to Walmart to get a electric drill because elbow grease was not going to cut it with the bumper. Took the little piece of the rubber off at the bottom but overall, the car looks great with the lip. Went through McDonalds and a guy in a Tesla Model S did a triple take of the car looking all aggressive and up his ass, lol. I don't think he knew what it was but I'd assume when he saw the Kia badge, he muttered something. Car's pretty low already sitting on coils so the lip just makes it look even more aggressive.

So currently I'm just running the front visors. I'm going to cut the rears shorten it and install it like that.

Feels good to have did it myself. Tired, but very satisfying.

I'll take some pictures later.

I still want to tackle the bumper mesh/grill mod before this weekend. Is there a guide to taking the bumper off? I gave it a go but wasn't able to figure it out.

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Are your window visors OEM or aftermarket? My OEM ones went in without issue aside from missing a clip.

The MS lip was a pain I admit.

And yes there is a guide, just search Front Bumper Removal.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I put mine on hatchback and there was no problem whatsoever. Rear could have been better size, but it is what it is. They lined up nicely and evenly. First I tried them with the protection on.

One question though.

Are you sure you have the right part?
Here is my story - I got the visors as a part of the sale deal. They did not put them on as they arrived the day I was picking the car up - now I think it was intentional. When I finally got to them - I discovered they do not fit as I got a set for sedan, not hatchback. Rear would not fit at all.
My local dealer was nice enough to swap them... and rear fits "no problemo".

Part number: A7022-ADU05, sedan A7022-ADU00

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put mine on hatchback and there was no problem whatsoever. Rear could have been better size, but it is what it is. They lined up nicely and evenly. First I tried them with the protection on.

One question though.

Are you sure you have the right part?
Here is my story - I got the visors as a part of the sale deal. They did not put them on as they arrived the day I was picking the car up - now I think it was intentional. When I finally got to them - I discovered they do not fit as I got a set for sedan, not hatchback. Rear would not fit at all.
My local dealer was nice enough to swap them... and rear fits "no problemo".

Part number: A7022-ADU05, sedan A7022-ADU00
I just referred to my eBay receipt and it turns out I either ordered them when I was drunk or they shipped me the sedan one.

Smoke Window Sun Vent Visor Rain Guards 4P K129 For KIA 2013-2017 Forte K3 Sedan | eBay

Guess we know why they don't line up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are your window visors OEM or aftermarket? My OEM ones went in without issue aside from missing a clip.

The MS lip was a pain I admit.

And yes there is a guide, just search Front Bumper Removal.
Yeah, visor were not OEM nor did they come with clips like the WeatherTech ones. Only 3M tape. Should hold on, I'd assume. I just hope no one tries to pry it off for their own car. So many sketchy people these days.

I didn't find the lip too much trouble but install it yourself can be a bit of a challenge. I used household items to prop it up and also duct tape to position it somewhat.

Am I crazy or what, I'm about to order a Focus RS wing. My reasoning is, if there's a slight difference in the size and screw placement, I can always get a bodyshop to make it fit. The lip wasn't even designed for our car and it fit.

UNPAINTED RS STYLE REAR ROOF WING SPOILER FOR FORD FOCUS HATCHBACK MK3 2013+

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Visors - not much you can do now except exchange the rear part only. Sedan and hatchback share same shape of front doors.

Wing - why don't you approach some Focus on a parking lot and measure. Or better yet, go to a local dealer to see how it would fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're going international anyway, why not aim for the pro ceed GT spoiler?
like this: https://www.madmotors.co.uk/csr-kia-pro-ceed-13-3-door-fiberflex-roof-spoiler.html
Want a bit more presence.

Looks very good on a regular Focus here:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161010/0e314f49d2b51f0c192a4be90b38f87c.jpg

PLP: I don't think shipping it back to Taiwan and back would be cost effective. I'm just going to cut the thing. The added benefit of cutting is it will be a 'custom' job thus car will be more unique. As far as I know, I haven't seen anyone run the set of wheels I've run on the car, so it'll be completely unique in that sense and that's cool by me.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Forte does not have this much of roof drop. Hard to say how it will look like...
Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So maybe this approach.

Measure the spoiler at Ford dealer. Make a cardboard model (more or less decent) and place it to see how that could look like. Fiesta drops as well.

Compare.
fiesta.jpg

focus.png

Forte.jpg

And spoilers.
Someone with better skills and/or software could photoshop RS/ST spoiler into Forte to see how it would look like.

civis focus.jpg

focus st rs.jpg

And now I will take it way off the topic, or maybe a bit closer than spoiler.

Windows TINTS.
I would like to get them as this one, the top, blue. They are kind of greenish or so... I though about greenish, bluish. Not true black. Nope, that is boring. IMO, greenish glass looks more "up scale".
Any comments, suggestions? Anyone any experience with such tint? Does it really filter light or adds colour only?

civis focus.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts