Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
You would have to get the dimensions and "footprint" of the spoiler/wing to see if it would fit. It could look worse than any ghetto ricer or ******-mobile imaginable. Not to mention you have no control of the aerodynamic functions of a Ford wing on a KIA.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Appreciate the advice. I'll have to do some measurements then. Remember sometime acknowledge I tried to organize a group buy for some bbk and no one shown any interest. Well the company I bought my coilovers from said they can make me a custom set of wilwoods since they don't have a kit for our car. Just waiting for price quote.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
When I saw the title of this post I thought you were talking about the big "STI" wing, that would look cool :)
Well... I read it this way:

first I saw only STI and fit... so my thoughts were: someone is trying to put STI engine into Forte. YEAH. Something I'd love to do.

Then, I read FIT, and I was like - Honda FIT? WTH? :confused:

And finally I saw the wing, and ST, and fit... and was like - no, no wing, please... not this one. Front lip is OK. We got diffuser in the back which looks cool, but is already a bit push.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I would concur with the above. There are likely better (less rice) options out there...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
IMO - there is nothing more tacky and tasteless than when people take a "spoiler", even multi-level (split-wing) and install the unit on a trunk. You can see the bolts, nuts, wing-nuts etc. Looks like an awning for the sun room. The color doesn't match the car, there is no wind-flow study, you have to drill holes in the trunk deck, no aesthetic match, no suspension compensation.
I hope you (OP) don't end up with such a situation.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Well... I read it this way:

first I saw only STI and fit... so my thoughts were: someone is trying to put STI engine into Forte. YEAH. Something I'd love to do.

Then, I read FIT, and I was like - Honda FIT? WTH? :confused:

And finally I saw the wing, and ST, and fit... and was like - no, no wing, please... not this one. Front lip is OK. We got diffuser in the back which looks cool, but is already a bit push.

That's funny :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts