Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

why do some 2015 kia forte koup sx's have pin stripes and some dont

14K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  ABYSSFORTESX 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 kia forte koup sx and yesterday I pulled up next to another 2015 kia forte koup sx that was the same color as mine but I noticed it had pin stripes on it and mine does not, how come this person had pin stripes on his 2015 kia forte koup sx ? is it because his forte koup sx mite of been a 2014 ?

#3 ·
I have never even seen another F5 around here. I've seen one or two non turbo 4 doors but none of them had pinstripes.

#4 ·
Mine has pinstriping. Apparently was put on by the dealer they got mine from. Small KIA logo by door handle on either side too.

Reactions: schizorazgriz
#6 ·
Will you post a pic or two and show us?

#7 ·
Mine is striped too. But it seems to be painted on, I was going to remove it but seems it will need paint after (looks like it is under the clearcoat).

#9 ·
I would be really surprised if pinstripes were painted on, they used to do that on high end cars and it wasn't cheap. To remove pinstripes all you need is a hair dryer. It peels off easily with a little heat.

Pat.

#10 ·
Then you maybe surprised lol, While I was at the dealer yesterday buying filters I asked if they did the stripes at the dealer and they said no that they get them that way. Easy way to tell is if it has the Kia in the stripe it was not done by the dealer unless it is a Optima or another model assembled in the states. This was what the dealer told me, but I have tried to remove it and there is no edge like a stick on strip would have.

#12 ·
Sure, I can take a pic later today if you like. So I can't remove it? Damn, that sucks.. I didn't want pinstriping, but they went all the way to Columbus to get mine, and that's how it came.

#14 ·
I have a 2015 F5sx and mine has the pinstripe with the KIA logo at the end. I already removed the logo and will be removing the stripe this weekend. When i removed the logo I was cleaning the remaining adhesive and some of the stripe came off. I agree with sube in that it is most likely a sticker.

#15 ·
they do not come with strips on them, at least none I've have ever prepped. Its a dealers addon, strips and door edge guards for a f ton of money

#16 · (Edited)
I think someone posted about this in the past.... Wasn't it decided that the dealership has them put on and that they are not painted on?

#18 ·
My focus before had them. Dealer did it. I took them off right when I got home from the dealer.

My koup didn't have them and I'm happy it didn't.

#21 ·
At my Dealer after we PDI all new cars off the truck they send them to get window tint and hand painted pin striping. I would say that the car you bought came from another dealer that had it pin striped and it was then dealer traded to the you bought it from.

#22 ·
So what my dealer said was only half truth lol. I have done my fair share of body work and paint and can tell the difference between a sticker and a painted on pinstripe and after some said they would never spend the money or that it is only done on high end cars I took some 2000 grit paper and did a test spot at the tip on the front fender and yes mine are painted on. Of course I had to use my Snap On variable high speed buffer with a foam pad (not a orbital) to buff out the area.

I just love it when someone that hasn't even seen my car tries to tell me I'm wrong and it's not possible.

Reactions: ABYSSFORTESX
#23 ·
I can't stand when they paint pinstripes on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.