Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got rear-ended in a parking lot from this girl that was going too fast around a corner while I was backing out of a parking spot. Of course the insurance blames me because I was in reverse, even though I was all of the way out of the spot and about to start going forward. Anyway...it's a $500 deductible to get it fixed and I know the actual parts aren't more than that. If I can get the parts I can put them on myself but the local dealership isn't exactly supportive and has a huge markup. Anyone able to help?

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah I do. hatch or coop? and year? ill check today with the parts guy see what I can do. are you in the states?

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
$233 whole sale just for the cover. Shipping is going to be the killer though. Its primer black. I didn't ask about the mounts and stuff but it gives you an idea of what I'm able to do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like I really won't be saving any money doing it myself. At least not enough for it to be worth the hassle. Thanks for checking into it for me!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It sounds like I really won't be saving any money doing it myself. At least not enough for it to be worth the hassle. Thanks for checking into it for me!
Yeah after paint and shipping... Insurance stuff is such a pain though, you pay for it and don't use it then you pay for the claim and rates go up ect....

·
Registered
219 Posts
*cough* sorry to hijack, and it's something for the future, but you wouldn't be able to find out the pricing for the new NAV stereo's in the 2017 Fortes, the ones that support Apple CarPlay?

·
Registered
188 Posts
*cough* sorry to hijack, and it's something for the future, but you wouldn't be able to find out the pricing for the new NAV stereo's in the 2017 Fortes, the ones that support Apple CarPlay?
I havnt heard anything yet... but if/ when I do I just may open a thread on it. Also are you thinking about swapping out your current stereo? or are you wonderin about the package on the 17's?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Does anyone know how much a replacement 2015 Forte5 SX engine cover is?
About $150.00 new but I would think you could find one used for a good price since the VT uses the same one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I havnt heard anything yet... but if/ when I do I just may open a thread on it. Also are you thinking about swapping out your current stereo? or are you wonderin about the package on the 17's?
Thanks. I was hoping the 2014 would have come with CarPlay support, but it seems not. From what I can see, the '17's aren't that much of a change from the 14 - 16 cars, so I was hoping that the stereo from the 17's would fit the earlier cars, ideally just a plug and play drop in. ie; you'd get Car Play support with minimal hassle.
I don't *need* it, just somewhat want it, but all depends on ease of install and, of course, cost. If it's a simple, no-brainer, remove old unit, plug in new one and off you go, it could be quite appealing. Other units out there either don't fit our cars, or certain functionality would be lost, say steering wheel controls or voice activation / call stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts