Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have information on the interchangeability of rear sway bars between the 2014+ Koups and Veloster? Specifically the Whiteline branded one. I'm receiving conflicting information from 2 respected vendors, and curious if anyone has any first hand experience.

Whiteline is really my only smart option, as postage from the US skyrockets the pricing from $160AUD to $400+

·
Registered
827 Posts
Johnathan - I don't see the KIA KOUP or Hyundai listed on whitelineperformanc.com. Why don't you post up what pix, data, model #'s etc you have and the forum members can get is sorted out. Are you in Australia or New Zealand?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to take a gamble and see if the Veloster's rear would be identical to the Cerato's, purchased - Whiteline BHR92 since i had a discount code. In retrospect, I should have just bought Eli's, but mistakes happen.

All a moot point now, since I'm chasing the seller for a refund as there's a 6 week wait (!!) on the part.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Johnathan- judging from the looks of that bar it's the right thing. Did you get screwed OR is the issue just the long wait for obtaining the torsion bar?

·
Registered
827 Posts
When the bar arrives and you install it, try (if feasible) to get a shooting of photos and or video. Then give driving impressions.

·
Registered
827 Posts
My "tool-buddy" said he'd install the torsion bar (I'll sneak in the KYB"s and have a look at the bushings too) - not much support on Youtube, or rather the videos that do exist are mediocre.
This is for the Kia RIO - but same thing??
This guy is kinda rude - and ghetto video IMO

Maybe just some still shots for the install for forum members? And where do they (EVILLA) tell you the diameter of the bar?

·
Registered
534 Posts
To install it you can do it without removing the rear springs, but I would recommend removing them as it makes it easier to get to all 4 bolts. And since one bolt on the shock needs to be removed you only have one more to go.

For driving impressions look up Korean unicorn on here as we had installed his not to long ago. I don't have a thread of my own. But the bar really helps.

·
Registered
827 Posts
To install it you can do it without removing the rear springs, but I would recommend removing them as it makes it easier to get to all 4 bolts. And since one bolt on the shock needs to be removed you only have one more to go.

For driving impressions look up Korean unicorn on here as we had installed his not to long ago. I don't have a thread of my own. But the bar really helps.
When my friend installs the bar, whatever bolt removal or spring removal, we might install the KYB's so we'll see, and I'll get the whole rear end of the car undersides photographed. Then we have a good reference set of photos for suspension discussion, brakes, exhaust etc. I'm sure the bar will make a great improvement.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Which kybs did you get? Got a link?
Yes I posted this before - one of the forum whiz-kids has them 2 of KYB 554384 Gas-a-Just Gas Shock. They've been sitting here for a while, now we'll get them installed. I had KYB's on my Ford Ranger and BEAT them brutally for years, never ever failed. Now Scoobdude, you're wondering why I haven't got polyurethane shock bushings for these shocks. That might be overkill for a car this light, and the OEM material is quite firm. So we'll know after my torsion bar arrives.

DSCF4099.JPG

·
Registered
534 Posts
Any way I can convince you to do the shock as a separate install? It is only 2 bolts or side 😁. I'm really interested to see if those make a positive improvement on our cars

·
Registered
827 Posts
Any way I can convince you to do the shock as a separate install? It is only 2 bolts or side ��. I'm really interested to see if those make a positive improvement on our cars
My tool buddy will probably install the shocks and bar in one sitting. I'm certain the OEM shocks are weak and SUCK at small bump absorption. With any luck, I can install (or at least diagnose) what's involved with the axle bushings. The KYB's are tight buggers and I expect that they'll exert firm control over the up-down motion of the rear beam axle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts