Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have kind of been snooping around these forums for awhile now, but anyways I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2016 Forte5 SX.

After about 4 days I have started driving with the windows down and noticed a whining noise that could possibly be from the turbo. Being this is my first turbo I do not know if this is normal or not? Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
518 Posts
a video maybe so we could understand? maybe another engine component just operating. if you know how turbos sound than you might be able to tell if it is a turbo or not.

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to get a video it only does it when I start to hit wide open throttle so it get pretty loud in general.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
there isn't too much knowledge on the 16's on the forums that i know of. so maybe something has changed. a whining noise would sound more like something with an engine component other than the turbo. a video would definitely help and maybe another forum member can better help. do you got any mods?

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's completely stock and only has 300 miles on it so that's why I doubt it is a major issue and could possibly be normal.

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The video was unsuccessful to much wind noise to pick it up through the mic, tomorrow I will try it parked and see if it still does it.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
There are all sorts of noises coming from the 1.6 GDI Turbo engines, lol. If you can get a video, I am sure we will be able to help sort the noise.

Thanks,

Tork Motorsports

·
Registered
981 Posts
Or an extra shell in the 357 when playing Russian roulette

Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So where is the sound/video?

EDIT:
Ha, posted at 9:59...

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Turns out the whine I think came from the crappy hose clamps that the factory installed for the restronater delete pipe.

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
445 Posts
Seems like the whine was coming from the Forte owner... :p Or the turbo was whining because you were making it WORK! :cool:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Turbo was whining as He was not making it work. Turbo does not like granny style...

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I came from a lifted Nissan Titan ranging from 8-9 mpg so this car even if I am getting 15mpg is a good thing lol

Instagram @darth_forte

1 - 20 of 20 Posts