Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a CAI on my '16 F5 but I want the most bang for my buck. Which one and why?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm not new to this I don't expect some miracle to happen. That being said I want what people have had positive results from. That is the goal of any modification you perform right? Which one are you using on your car?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can only speak for the 6th element intake. But when i do, i speak loudly and clearly that it is 100% quality.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Do you think there will be significant differences between the various CAI's? What are you anticipating to be "the bang" as you put it?
If you plan on making more than 220whp in the future (which is fairly easy to do), you want a system that utilizes a 3.5" diameter pipe, like our system or Tork's system.
The pipe size on injen is better than stock if that's all you're going to do. You'll be hindered for future power increases however, due to piping diameter. This has been proven multiple times.

Now that it's necessary for 3.5" piping, look at your perceived quality vs price. Check out our intakes on our site for appearance and price, then compare with the others.

Kia Forte SX (2014-2016)

I'm a little biased, but I think we present the most product for the money, especially with the short ram intake. Use coupon code 6EFT and save a little more :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just picked up a 6th EE from a fellow member the other day. Looks very nice and have nor complaints. Install literally took 5mins and everything fit exactly as it should. Would highly recommend!
IMAG0412.jpg

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you purchase the 6th EE CAI you'll get their new filter choice. The Spectre 9371 was the filter that came with the older version and it was not reliable. There is a thread where the end cap off the Spectre filter came off and lodged just before the turbo (luckily!) so if you purchase a used 6EE CAI (which I have) make sure to upgrade the filter. AEM makes one and K&N does as well.

I LOVE the 6EE intake, but do yourself a favor and make sure it's NOT the Spectre filter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
done.jpg Went with the 6TH EE CAI LOVIN IT!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cant go wrong with SXTH!

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
The smaller diameter aftermartket intakes (K&N / injen / AEM) will start to be a restriction around 220-225whp.

3.5" diameter pipes are present on cars up to 300whp at the moment. If you plan on doing more than just an intake, I'd highly recommend a 3.5" diameter system.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dumb question but at what point does it hinders performance. Is too big just too big? Is 3.5" the naxijum our 4 banger needs?
3.5 is where the stock turbo can do its best. This has been proven on the dyno by TORK. Remember the stock 1.6 turbo konks out at about 6200 rpm.

If you go big turbo or stuffed you need more. It then becomes a mathematical issue, depending on the rpm efficiency of the wheel and compressor side.

Thats why mine is freaking huge/short/and uses fresh outside air.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts