1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Delete if not allowed)

Looking to meet some of you!
Where are you from?

We are from a little city called Auburn Washington.

Also, what was your 1st car and favorite car?

Gina

Reactions: SXTurbo

·
Registered
827 Posts
I live in the great state of California in the State Capitol. We have FAR MORE murders than east Los Angeles (and they brag), come 2nd to NO ONE in Automotive theft, robust violent crimes, HORRID meth problem, splendid HOT weather, crowded freeways, puke for air quality and the median wages are higher here than the other 48 states.

We don't go to Washington cuz Hanford will poison us.

Toodles.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Currently live in Battle Ground, WA outside of Vancouver, WA which is a suburb of Portland, OR. Very little crime, turbo weather year round. But I'm "from" all over the place. Midwest, up and down east coast, Germany, Okinowa.

My 1st car was an '88 Mazda 626 which had the coolest car feature ever.

My favorite was either my '10 GTI or my '07 Legacy GT Spec B depending on mood.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Haslett in Michigan, it is so called greater Lansing area.

To my knowledge no SX'es here... local dealer never had any and did not even bother to bring them.
I know a VT guy (from work) and one appeared in Elantra sport (not the GT, sedan).

Favourite car?
C'mon, that is a very bad question.
My dream car - look into my avatar and you will know. I wonder who could guess.

Cars I like - small, sleepers-like.

My the very first car I ever owned was 1991 Trabant 1.1. Sometime called TramPolo as the engine was from VW Polo (I4, 1.1). Plenty of torque and power for this little, about 1400 lb car. Very large trunk, very warm car, not so stable on sharp turns, so my skills got only better.
I think I'd like to have Golf R. It is DSG and AWD with nice power plant.
I like Subaru engine sounds, but Subaru broke their cars by putting CVTs in all of them. Shame.
Being European (Poland to be exact) I tend to choose "Euro-type" cars. Hence Forte5.

My 1st car was an '88 Mazda 626 which had the coolest car feature ever.
It is AWESOME. I really mean it. It makes so much sense.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in Florida Orlando and my forte5sx, my first was a protege 5 my favorite Porsche911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
I am in Florida Orlando and my forte5sx, my first was a protege 5 my favorite Porsche911
The Protege5 was my favorite car that my wife owned. Handled well and lots of pep even with that 130hp engine. Though living its life in Michigan and Ohio it was on the verge of turning into a flintstone mobile with all the rust when we sold it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Protege5 was my favorite car that my wife owned. Handled well and lots of pep even with that 130hp engine. Though living its life in Michigan and Ohio it was on the verge of turning into a flintstone mobile with all the rust when we sold it.
I miss that 5 the suspension was super good best handled I see for that price and category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I am from San Dimas California.

My very first car was a 77 caddy Fleetwood. Car I miss the most? My caddy. She was a massive pimp car. Black interior black exterior lowered on air ride and caddy wire wheels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
dallas texas here HOT HOT HOT.
this isn't my first car but is my first sports car and so far i like it.
outside of getting the car to drive normally its my favorite so far.
now if it didn't come with surge problems and carbon buildup issues even better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Chicago born & raised here. Living in the NW suburbs of same now. My first car was inherited from my Dad, a 1969 Pontiac Bonneville 428CI beast! Two cars I miss the most out of the 30 odd vehicles I've had over the years are my 1971 Mustang Mach 1 351CI and my 1973 Chevy Monte Carlo 350CI with swivel bucket seats! Had a half dozen Motorcycles back in the 80's, yeah I'm that old! My favorite bike was my 1985 Suzuki GS1150E.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Southern California ( South OC )
First car 74 Vette then Datsun 260Z loved that car. 71 240Z with a sb chevy in it. 68, 69 Roadrunners ($1000 kind), 68 big blk Dart GTS, 65 Valiant 340 in it. Few more Mopars, Fords SVO.
Still have 69 GTX. Just sits now under the cover.
Probability the "oldest" guy on here. lol.
The good old days. Now just out of time and $$$.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haslett in Michigan, it is so called greater Lansing area.

To my knowledge no SX'es here... local dealer never had any and did not even bother to bring them.
I know a VT guy (from work) and one appeared in Elantra sport (not the GT, sedan).

Favourite car?
C'mon, that is a very bad question.
My dream car - look into my avatar and you will know. I wonder who could guess.

Cars I like - small, sleepers-like.

My the very first car I ever owned was 1991 Trabant 1.1. Sometime called TramPolo as the engine was from VW Polo (I4, 1.1). Plenty of torque and power for this little, about 1400 lb car. Very large trunk, very warm car, not so stable on sharp turns, so my skills got only better.
I think I'd like to have Golf R. It is DSG and AWD with nice power plant.
I like Subaru engine sounds, but Subaru broke their cars by putting CVTs in all of them. Shame.
Being European (Poland to be exact) I tend to choose "Euro-type" cars. Hence Forte5.

It is AWESOME. I really mean it. It makes so much sense.
I'm from Haslett as well...didn't think there'd be anyone else from Michigan here, let alone the same (tiny) city...small world.

My first car was a 1987 Nissan 200sx. Not the more modern FWD one, the 80's 200sx was a Silvia, a precursor to the 240sx. Mine had the VG motor in it, tiny little RWD 5-speed hatch with a V6. Miss that car every single day.

EDIT in reply to PLP: I actually purchased my SX from the "local" dealer, although that had to ship it over from another dealer about an hour away. Not sure where, probably metro Detroit. Mine is the only one I've ever seen, Michigan or otherwise. Surprised I haven't seen you around since we are apparently neighbors!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts