Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

what should i spend my $150 on to get next?

• hot pipe upgrade

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • sxth lower engine mount

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3TBS throttle body spacer & silicon pipe (to complete 60mm TB upgrade)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got around $150 to spend and wonder what you guys think would be the next thing you would do after looking at my sig.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The single best mod at that price point is the Evilla rear bar.
I guess it depends what you are looking for. I would rather go for power as handling. At least for everyday driving.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I agree with nouse4aname - get the rear torsion bar, power without handling is a recipe for disaster. Post up install photos or video; there are a few photos but the forum could do with some better photos of the rear bar.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
380 Posts
The updated MAP, I think, would help if you use higher octane fuel ? I'm still getting "lumpy" acceleration, like the engine is "missing" a little under throttle load, I'm wondering if the new MAP will help with thatt especially now that it's warming up too...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The updated MAP, I think, would help if you use higher octane fuel ? I'm still getting "lumpy" acceleration, like the engine is "missing" a little under throttle load, I'm wondering if the new MAP will help with thatt especially now that it's warming up too...
i have an 84400 sensor $40 on the way but may be of no use as i'm being advised to get the 2B050 but its twice the price ugh.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have an 84400 sensor $40 on the way but may be of no use as i'm being advised to get the 2B050 but its twice the price ugh.
Oh no, yet another part number to consider... is that being discussed over on the VT site?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was a recommendation from caezar to use these on the ICs for some better results

·
Registered
380 Posts
it was a recommendation from caezar to use these on the ICs for some better results
So, just to be clear, they are recommending 84400 for the intake sensor and 2B050 for the IC sensor? If that combo REALLY does show noticeable improvement all-around I'll do it...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, just to be clear, they are recommending 84400 for the intake sensor and 2B050 for the IC sensor? If that combo REALLY does show noticeable improvement all-around I'll do it...
from what i'm understanding and please correct me if i'm wrong haha :)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
blah blah blah.

I don't say blah blah blah...

That is the exact setup I have and it does not really work. Still surges and does not feel any stronger.
I wonder if the AUTO hinders it.

Reactions: 15ForteSX

·
Registered
11 Posts
I vote for the rear torsion bar. That and the crazy clutch are what I notice the most with this car. Anything to make the rear feel more connected.

·
Registered
380 Posts
So, just to be clear, they are recommending 84400 for the intake sensor and 2B050 for the IC sensor? So swap 84400 from IC to intake and order 2B050 for IC?

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is the exact setup I have and it does not really work. Still surges and does not feel any stronger.
I wonder if the AUTO hinders it.
I'm looking to solve lumpy, uneven acceleration.. surge already is a bit better with IC res delete and doing 2nd cat gut next...

·
Registered
981 Posts
i've got around $150 to spend and wonder what you guys think would be the next thing you would do after looking at my sig.
Power Mod..
If you don't plan on doing a FMIC in the future then go for the hot pipe upgrade. FMIC kit would replace the hot pipe.

Handling..
This also would depend on future plans, if you plan on staying stock or lowering with just springs then go for the rear stabilizer. If you planned on coil overs pass on the rear stabilizer. Won't fit with the relocated shock position.
or
Lower control arm bushings, helps with cornering, stabilizes launch and massive difference in high speed braking control (death wiggle).

Brakes..
Rotors and performance pads, better to know you can STOP before you make it go fast.

Reactions: 15ForteSX

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Power Mod..
If you don't plan on doing a FMIC in the future then go for the hot pipe upgrade. FMIC kit would replace the hot pipe.

Handling..
This also would depend on future plans, if you plan on staying stock or lowering with just springs then go for the rear stabilizer. If you planned on coil overs pass on the rear stabilizer. Won't fit with the relocated shock position.
or
Lower control arm bushings, helps with cornering, stabilizes launch and massive difference in high speed braking control (death wiggle).

Brakes..
Rotors and performance pads, better to know you can STOP before you make it go fast.
thanks for the input. what bushings would you get for the lower control arms?

"If you planned on coil overs pass on the rear stabilizer. Won't fit with the relocated shock position." = useful info good to know thanks!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Get the pitch mount bushings ($30), interview red delete ($20) and the subframe collars ($30). That should give some good bang for your buck

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts