3,021 Posts
You can set it to what your oil change intervals are in the menu settings

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
are we back to days with 3 months/3000 oil changes intervals?
If I am not mistaken we are at 5000 miles/6 months or for severe 3/3...

And then - same engine, just in Pro Cee'd GT in UK, or in Germany (did not check Ozzie country) requires 10'000 miles or 12 months.
Weird, huh?

CANADA: 2018 F5: Engine oil (1.6 TGDI) Replace every 10,000 km (6,500 miles) or 6 months

I guess Europe must be getting much better oil then USA.

Anyway, I go 5000 miles or 6 months. It turns out to be more or less same for my driving.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Here is mine take.

What I do not get is how come I got the service in km, while it is in miles... Could it be due to Celsius and 24 hr clock?

Light Car Speedometer Gauge Trip computer

·
Registered
633 Posts
CANADA: 2018 F5: Engine oil (1.6 TGDI) Replace every 10,000 km (6,500 miles) or 6 months
Here (Canada) it specifies every 5000 kms/6 months (for severe usage)... but it may just be the norm because everywhere in Canada can be considered severe usage lol

And just for laughs it doesn't actually classify the T-GDI motor anywhere for normal usage, only the MPI engine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here (Canada) it specifies every 5000 kms/6 months (for severe usage)... but it may just be the norm because everywhere in Canada can be considered severe usage lol

And just for laughs it doesn't actually classify the T-GDI motor anywhere for normal usage, only the MPI engine.
OH snap. Then again, you can deduce that they're talking about conventional motor oil.

·
Registered
514 Posts
the oil looks dark thick and dirty after 3k of driving any sort of way.
maybe the oil is still good technically but i don't want to chance it.
if anyone wants to use theirs till 6k i will sell you my old oil for half price. :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
the oil looks dark thick and dirty after 3k of driving any sort of way.
maybe the oil is still good technically but i don't want to chance it
I am sending for analysis. Will see...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
2014Forte5
nice video.

I would not really agree on the ATF though. Even if they say - lifetime fill - I would still change it from time to time.
I guess life time is rather the warranty life... so if you want it to last more than 100k miles, do it. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts