Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 kia forte koup sx and I am curious to know what is faster from 0 to 60 and what would win in a 1/4 mile drag race a 2015 forte koup sx or a 2015 ford fiesta st ?

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
It's a drivers race. I don't go by what magazines say at all because they are bias on what they like better. I ran a fiesta st when I was stock besides a intake and was next to him the whole time. Once I was tuned I was able to pull on him better. Now that I have more upgrades and a hotter tune I know I will pull away harder. Tuned for tuned I have no idea how we would stack up to them. I just know I would rather have my car since it's bigger and I have more room to sit and my kids have room. The fiesta doesn't have a lot of room for people that have kids or are taller.

If you want to compare go drive the Fiesta and Focus St. That's the best way to figure out if you want to trade your car.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The focus has 250. Not a fair match up to our 201

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
The focus has 250. Not a fair match up to our 201
The fiesta is 197. Thats the one he is asking about

Only difference is it has 202tq at 4200rpm and we are 195tq from 1750-4500rpm

EDIT: I just read the specs that say those numbers for the fiesta st is based on 93 octane. We are based on regular 87

·
Registered
535 Posts
With the fiesta st and the sx-t it would definitely be a drivers race seeing as these cars are so closely matched. Reaction time matters so much!

That being said I posted a while back about us having the fastest 1.6t and was informed that on paper the fiesta st is faster.

I stand by my statement about reaction time because a half a cat length off the line can make all the difference!

Edit: A cat length is a scientific term lol

Reactions: Forte5

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
With the fiesta st and the sx-t it would definitely be a drivers race seeing as these cars are so closely matched. Reaction time matters so much!

That being said I posted a while back about us having the fastest 1.6t and was informed that on paper the fiesta st is faster.

I stand by my statement about reaction time because a half a cat length off the line can make all the difference!

Edit: A cat length is a scientific term lol
I agree big time. It's all about the driver when we match up to the fiesta. With me being a a/t I yanked off the line while he was spinning and he couldn't catch up at all.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Meh focus fiestA LOL

·
Registered
981 Posts
This can go many ways, if the koup is a A/T then very little chance for the Fiesta ST to win 0-60 or 1/4 mile stock vs stock. Reason I say that is the A/T pulls 6.2 sec 0-60 and 15.1 in the 1/4. Best I have seen was a 15.4 from a ST with a intake and cat back. My Koup same night went 14.83 with intake , hotpipe and exhaust (stock DP). Then take a look, the ST is boosting to 21 psi stock and and is already tuned for more power from the factory and is only equal to the SX at 18 psi with a crap factory tune. Either can be made to achieve more HP and would more than likely cost the same. Koup SX is offered in both auto or manual trans, Fiesta ST only manual trans.

Power wise with equal amount of mods the Koup will dominate the Fiesta every time hands down. The Fiesta will have more supporting mods from the start but unless you have $5K or more to just drop on parts the Koup and F5 will have more dedicated support than most will use. In reality we have enough support right now you could put the Koup in the 13s easy (anything more than mid 13s would need drag radials or slicks on the front). Just one example is the turbo upgrade Koup sx is $895 for bolt on, Fiesta ST starts at $1895 for a bolt on.

If you are just going to drive it stock with no mods the test drive each of them and make the decision from there..

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
This can go many ways, if the koup is a A/T then very little chance for the Fiesta ST to win 0-60 or 1/4 mile stock vs stock. Reason I say that is the A/T pulls 6.2 sec 0-60 and 15.1 in the 1/4. Best I have seen was a 15.4 from a ST with a intake and cat back. My Koup same night went 14.83 with intake , hotpipe and exhaust (stock DP). Then take a look, the ST is boosting to 21 psi stock and and is already tuned for more power from the factory and is only equal to the SX at 18 psi with a crap factory tune. Either can be made to achieve more HP and would more than likely cost the same. Koup SX is offered in both auto or manual trans, Fiesta ST only manual trans.

Power wise with equal amount of mods the Koup will dominate the Fiesta every time hands down. The Fiesta will have more supporting mods from the start but unless you have $5K or more to just drop on parts the Koup and F5 will have more dedicated support than most will use. In reality we have enough support right now you could put the Koup in the 13s easy (anything more than mid 13s would need drag radials or slicks on the front). Just one example is the turbo upgrade Koup sx is $895 for bolt on, Fiesta ST starts at $1895 for a bolt on.

If you are just going to drive it stock with no mods the test drive each of them and make the decision from there..
You nailed it!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I would like to make my bold statement again and say we have the fastest 1.6t out there because our small group of owners has blown the pants off of cars much faster than a fiesta st!

That says to me that as a group, us sx-t drivers are making our mark amongst tuners that weren't giving Kias a second glance until they were checking out our sweet tail lights.

I will say that 7 speed dual clutch on the 2016 veloster turbo would be sweeeeet

Reactions: Caezar and Forte5

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
We have a nasty little 1.6t that is way underrated. I get people thinking because it's a kia that they can outrun me then after I launch so hard they look over and have the look on their face like wtf?

I agree we are a small group but making a big statement. I do see a lot of the VT guys going to the Focus ST or V8 cars and just put down the 1.6t big time once they leave. I feel that some don't really give this motor the credit that it deserves. I find it funny how the guys on there bash us A/T guys but yet we can outrun or keep up with them easy. I am not sure if our tune for the a/t is the same as the VT but some complain about it big time while us Kia guys really like it

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just hoping the DCT for us is as good as it is for the M6 and gives us the ability to hold power that the A/T guys can't right now.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
As of right now we can only hold with stock trans 267whp because the trans over heats.

·
Registered
458 Posts
FiST is like 3-400lbs lighter don't forget. They should, on paper, be faster than the Forte but I don't know what the Koup is so I can only speak from the Forte5 which is just over 3,000lbs.

They're also very tuneable like its big brother the FoST. Please don't take it the wrong way but I tend to take the magazines #'s as the de facto numbers to go by. Some are obviously better than others but I don't see why they would have an agenda to lie about the numbers. They test these cars against a wide range of manufacturers; domestic, foreign, etc. and they all come away saying the Korean cars are behind in terms of raw speed. That's ok though, if it's between a Kia Forte and a Fiesta, I'd take the Korean all day long. I had a Fiesta for a rental when I had my car in the shop and that thing reminded me of my days behind a Toyota Echo. Very squirrelly to say the least. That's probably the reason why I didn't even consider the Abarth 500 even though that thing sounds amazing and the interior is quite nice.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thats a modded 2012 koup not a 1.6lt
Well if you want to go there lol it's not a fiesta either, I think the point is that's a 2.0T modded vs 2.0T modded and the Kia walked him. So might just see the same scenario with the '15 sx 1.6T modded vs a '15 st 1.6T modded even with the Fords getting more overall love in the aftermarket but I would say we have better quality from a few vendors that are focused and not out just for the money grab. There is a lot to be said when it come to quality control and will show when it counts.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Does anyone have links to the conformation of our automatic overheating at 267whp? I also am trying to find an update in the 300whp+ first gen forte auto . Would like to see what they are doing . I'm planing to start with an trans/oil cooler mounted to the front where the intercooler use to go . For future mods to see about level 10 doing some work on it .
As it stands now my friends fiesta ST with Cobb tune CAI and exhaust lost to me by 2 cars

·
Registered
445 Posts
Does anyone have links to the conformation of our automatic overheating at 267whp? I also am trying to find an update in the 300whp+ first gen forte auto . Would like to see what they are doing . I'm planing to start with an trans/oil cooler mounted to the front where the intercooler use to go . For future mods to see about level 10 doing some work on it .
As it stands now my friends fiesta ST with Cobb tune CAI and exhaust lost to me by 2 cars
So IF you put a transmission cooler upfront, would you put in front of your FMIC, or like you say back where the stock intercooler was? I have heard from few sources, Tork, 6th, where the A/T starts slipping at around 260whp. I'll be getting a tune (crosses fingers) this spring. I don't think I am in any danger of overloading the A/T with just those few mods, BUT if I did throw a FMIC in there would I be getting close to that limit?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts