Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1366 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
OK, I see.
I got very similar one:
https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/...ler-large-supercooler-14400-btu-rating-black/
I have not put it yet as I was planning on doing FMIC and with the empty space from OEM IC, I would install it there.
But once I learnt that FMIC (from 6th) actually goes through this very spot and I would have to remove airbox - I am back to putting the cooler as you have it. I wish I could add fan on it, which I bought, too... My plan was to add thermoswitch that would activate the fan if ATF was above 80 C.

From my monitors I can see ATF going over 100 C in some hot days (like above 25 C ambient) if I push the car a few times. And by push I mean a few 80% WOT accelerations to about 80 km/h (55 mph).
The return is then at 90, 95. It takes a while to cool it down below 80 C.
I do not like it...

One more thing.
Did you retain the OEM setup as well, meaning the radiator coolant cooler? I presume you routed it from the radiator to the aftermarket cooler back to transmission, right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Correct, I ran it in series with the stock radiator. I haven't monitored the temps before/after the install, since i couldn't get torque pro to bring it up :/ I've come from a Mitsubishi background, where broken wave springs and transmissions issues are the norm. So the cooler was really just a peace of mind thing.

And for the $120 it cost and 2 hours, its worth it :D

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I haven't monitored the temps before/after the install, since i couldn't get torque pro to bring it up :/
Oh no, sorry for confusion. ECU does not report ATF temp in/out. It only gives some average temp of the transmission that is somewhere near the ATF coming out.
I use this thingy to see temp in and out directly from the metal fittings on the tranny. Once cooler is installed, I will put one more before the cooler to see how much more drop I can get from it vs OEM cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC9T6HB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Alarm clock Digital clock Clock Font Electronic device

Added Never Wet product to door bottoms, rocker panels and around wheel wells. https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/neverwet/neverwet-kit
How does the finish look like?
Any special treatment to ensure proper adhesion and durability?

·
Registered
72 Posts

Picked up some new Fifteen52 Integrales

Man they pop! I went for 8.5 wide and threw on the stock 225s gave it a bit of stretch and really fills the wheel wells nice.

So stoked about this purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
402 Posts

Picked up some new Fifteen52 Integrales

Man they pop! I went for 8.5 wide and threw on the stock 225s gave it a bit of stretch and really fills the wheel wells nice.

So stoked about this purchase.

They look great, nice wheels. I bet "white" wheel are hard to keep clean. lol
Very cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They look great, nice wheels. I bet "white" wheel are hard to keep clean. lol
Very cool.
Thanks!

Very hard as I am learning haha. I keep a rim rag and some light cleaner in the car for spot cleans when I notice their a little dirty.

They turn heads for sure.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks!

Very hard as I am learning haha. I keep a rim rag and some light cleaner in the car for spot cleans when I notice their a little dirty.

They turn heads for sure.

How much were they and what shop? I'm also in the GTA.

Thinking of getting some new wheels this summer but I don't really want to drop $1500 for a set. For those interested in upgrading from stock wheels, I could potentially be selling a set of Konig Rennform 18x8 et40 with Firestone Indy 500 summer tires. I no longer have the Nexxen they came with because the shop bamboozled me and took kept them. I'll sell as a package for a good price if anyone local wants.

If I'm going to upgrade I'll just go to 19" and see how I like it.

I think 19" would really fill out the wells real nice. Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Sorry for the non relevant pics but they're just so stanced. I don't know who that guy with the red windshuield banner is but he's also in Ontario representin!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
How much were they and what shop? I'm also in the GTA.

Thinking of getting some new wheels this summer but I don't really want to drop $1500 for a set. For those interested in upgrading from stock wheels, I could potentially be selling a set of Konig Rennform 18x8 et40 with Firestone Indy 500 summer tires. I no longer have the Nexxen they came with because the shop bamboozled me and took kept them. I'll sell as a package for a good price if anyone local wants.

If I'm going to upgrade I'll just go to 19" and see how I like it.

I think 19" would really fill out the wells real nice. View attachment 16109 View attachment 16111

Sorry for the non relevant pics but they're just so stanced. I don't know who that guy with the red windshuield banner is but he's also in Ontario representin!
I actually picked them up right from Fifteen52. They had their spring cleaning sale and were 30% off. With conversion to CAD and duty they were still cheaper than anyone could get them for me here. I caution you on the 19”s, I’ve heard some other people doing 19x8.5 and getting some nasty tire rub. If you’ve lowered at all I would stick to 18’s. Just my opinion. I kept the stock Nexen’s which have a bit of stretch now and look mint imo. My plan is to pick up some Indy 500’s next season.

If you’re not already, you should join KDM Ontario on FB. Good place for some more inspiration and they’ll know where all the good shops are in the GTA. A couple dudes can bring in the Korean parts if you need them. I picked up some Storm Springs at a discount. Plus they all meet at the Krispy Kreme on Mavis road. I’m Kitchener/Waterloo and try to get out to a few a year. Good luck on the rim hunt!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I actually picked them up right from Fifteen52. They had their spring cleaning sale and were 30% off. With conversion to CAD and duty they were still cheaper than anyone could get them for me here. I caution you on the 19”s, I’ve heard some other people doing 19x8.5 and getting some nasty tire rub. If you’ve lowered at all I would stick to 18’s. Just my opinion. I kept the stock Nexen’s which have a bit of stretch now and look mint imo. My plan is to pick up some Indy 500’s next season.

If you’re not already, you should join KDM Ontario on FB. Good place for some more inspiration and they’ll know where all the good shops are in the GTA. A couple dudes can bring in the Korean parts if you need them. I picked up some Storm Springs at a discount. Plus they all meet at the Krispy Kreme on Mavis road. I’m Kitchener/Waterloo and try to get out to a few a year. Good luck on the rim hunt!

Not big into FB but I'll look into it.

About rubbing, I already am when I bottom out on pot holes or bad undulations in the road so I try to be more careful when I'm running my summer setup. I think if I go 19s I would possibly raise the ride height a little more and still maintain the look I'm after. Time will tell.

Btw, did you use a heat gun to remove the front emblem or just floss / fishing line method?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not big into FB but I'll look into it.

Btw, did you use a heat gun to remove the front emblem or just floss / fishing line method?
I used floss, just make sure to double it up or even quadruple so it doesn’t snap as you’re sawing. The wax on the floss works a little better than they fishing line which is just smooth. Then once it was off I just used some microfibre cloth and goo gone to wipe away any sticky residue before applying the new badge.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi All,
Bought some new parts today from 6th engineering. Last day of there "Sale".
Pics to come.
Later All

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hey All,
Here's a few before and after pics of the new hot-pipe (SXTH Element Eng) installed.
Nice Stuff. Intake will go in next week maybe.
Enjoy. Table Desk Gadget Wood Guitar accessory Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: lephoenix

·
Registered
521 Posts
Also, wow your car is clean underneath. I have a 15 and mine has way more surface rust than that. I guess thats what I should expect for living where roads are heavily salted.

I ordered some stuff to clean it up but shipping is slow these days.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks. I try to wipe it down a-bit when I'm under there. Mail / shipping hasn't been that great either (CA).
I've haven't drove it much, but definitely feels a lot better and stronger.
I'm looking forward to putting in the intake. :)
I still want to buy the MAC valve and lower engine mount, I'm going to wait for another "sale".

1341 - 1360 of 1366 Posts