Reactions: drc69 and Scoobdude

·
Registered
402 Posts
New brakes today. Went with Powerstop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fronts and Rears. NICE. Cost $$$ ?
How many miles on the brakes / rotors?
I'm just going to do front pads in the next few weeks maybe (wait to get cooler). Got 22K now.
Thx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Fronts and Rears. NICE. Cost $$$ ?
How many miles on the brakes / rotors?
I'm just going to do front pads in the next few weeks maybe (wait to get cooler). Got 22K now.
Thx
Fronts were $314 rears were $198 but I got them on sale, so it was a little less.

Rears are on, they sent me the wrong fronts. No big deal, new ones on the way.. I’m also doing SS brake lines and Motul brake fluid.

I have 50000km — stock brakes were fine but this was on my list of things to upgrade. Once I was tuned the factory brakes didn’t cut it anymore.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Are there rears drum in disc? I'm only at 43k and I think mine are still good. Actually thinking about sticking with stock (no dust, no noise and good initial bite)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are there rears drum in disc? I'm only at 43k and I think mine are still good. Actually thinking about sticking with stock (no dust, no noise and good initial bite)

Disc brakes all around.. lol

·
Registered
402 Posts

When I looked at my fronts they where down maybe 40% already with only 22K.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I found with stock rotors I was stating to get brake fade and felt like the fronts were possibly warped.
Mechanic doing my brakes said the fronts are slightly warped, so I was right and the rears were fine. The pads were also fine.
But like I said, this was on my list and I’m happy it’s getting done. Not cheap to do but what’s cheap anymore.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Few things happening,

Remote start done. Brake fluid and coolant arrived. Just waiting on transmission fluid and the correct front brakes to arrive.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I like the coolant (synthetic Wow).
What part# for the fronts (Pads 1543A) did they send you?
Have you gotten the right ones yet?

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like the coolant (synthetic Wow).
What part# for the fronts (Pads 1543A) did they send you?
Have you gotten the right ones yet?
Here’s the info

Reactions: Scoobdude

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Reactions: drc69

·
Registered
402 Posts
Me too. Please.
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its pretty simple, actually very very simple. Hardest part was mounting the unit onto the condenser/radiator. Most kits come with a plastic type of fitting which you push through the fins and lock into place with a supplied tab. It's a struggle with the fan shroud to get your hands inside to tighten down the tabs.

The yellow, circled hose is the RETURN line from the cooler built into the radiator

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle

Red square is a plastic panel held in by 2 x 10mm screws and 2 x plastic screw rivets which need to be removed to make routing the hoses possible. (Can be re-attached once hose is correctly ran)
Blue square is where i placed the core
Red arrow is where i plumbed the 3/8" hose into the cooler
Blue arrow is where the cooled fluid is existing back into the transmission

Grille Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the info.
That was my plan as well.

What cooler did you get? And did you end up putting up the pins through radiator fins or actually installed some brackets?

·
Registered
53 Posts
1321 - 1340 of 1366 Posts