Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I know the HP isn't exact because you have to put in the weight of the car with fuel and people. But I'm thinking it has to be close. I am still stock, but I have a SRI and intercooler resonator delete on the way. The most HP torque has recorded was 145. I'm just curious what everyone else is getting.

Also, what are you guys monitoring or torque?? My main page I leave it on has boost, coolant temp, air intake temp, speed, and HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
First off I know the HP isn't exact because you have to put in the weight of the car with fuel and people. But I'm thinking it has to be close. I am still stock, but I have a SRI and intercooler resonator delete on the way. The most HP torque has recorded was 145. I'm just curious what everyone else is getting.

Also, what are you guys monitoring or torque?? My main page I leave it on has boost, coolant temp, air intake temp, speed, and HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HP on torque has never been close on anything I've ever had it on, I always disregard what it says

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The HP readback is calculated and very roughly calculated power.
It is only coming from ECU thinking what power it was designed to deliver under certain circumstances. It does not mean it is the power you actually get. Not to mention power loses on the power transfer.

The same is with torque.

Those numbers are something what engine might be producing.

Last time when I was using it I got about 190 lb*ft for torque and about 195 HP for power. Power though, comes at high rpm. Most of the time it would range from whatever low end to 120-150 HP.

Reactions: MackDazzle
1 - 3 of 3 Posts