Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is that kilometerage? Lol

6 speed and my current tank is about 432km can probably squeeze it to 450km. That's pretty much a gold star achievement for me. I have never see anywhere close to 500km on a tank.

Relatively speaking is that even something to be proud of? I know our vars are pigs. It'd been said the corvette c7 gets better mileage.

Let me hear Yo her thoughts. Even the non Canadian ones. I use to think about it when I first bought it but I didn't do enough research but anyway find me your thoughts.

Thanks

I use 87octane grade by the way. Only ever put in premium once or twice on her lifetime so far and I'm sitting at 40k on the Odo.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
What is tank? Till the last drop or just when reserve comes one?
When I had 2015 MT F5 I got 440 miles from one tank. That is 12.5 gallons.
It translates into 6.7 l/100 km.

Highway only, 65 mph steady.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is tank? Till the last drop or just when reserve comes one?
When I had 2015 MT F5 I got 440 miles from one tank. That is 12.5 gallons.
It translates into 6.7 l/100 km.

Highway only, 65 mph steady.
hard to predict when the last drop would be. I wouldn't risk it either but u usually fill up within 15-20 kilometres when the light cones on. I did a conversion and 440 moles is over 700km. Holyshit !

I'm impressed. 62moles is 100kmh so that's why those corollas drive the speed limit lol. I'm going to try on my next tank to keep it under 100 and nothing above 3000rpm

·
Registered
633 Posts
2016 6 speed - 21,700 kms

60city/40hwy driving... Alot of that spent in traffic.

Using 91

I see about 450-500 kms travelled before I fill up. I normally fill up with 1/8 to 1/4 left in the tank.

Could probably stretch to 550kms, no more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lool... Yeah, im in the 24 ish MPG club lol. Its always around 10L/100KM.

I can get like 7.2 on the highway in the summer, if I can keep it under 100.... gas mileage goes down the fucking tubes at and over 110KMH..... Which is the speed limit here for me. lol, so when I am cruising around 130/140, Im sitting at 9.9 or 10 L/100km

·
Registered
27 Posts
Est. 430 - 450km per tank-ish @ 87
90% city and zero % light footed.
Expecting to get better as things loosen up (or so they say)

This is rough and relying on trip computer and averages. Need to do the math for real numbers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 Forte5 SX auto.

Have about 63,000km on and in winter getting 520-540 km a tank. In summer getting 540-580km.

Note: I have never gotten fuel indicator light, and average about 40 liter fill up ever week and have anywhere from 440-480km currently. And still have maybe 1/8 fuel gauge.

I'm averaging about 7.9l/100km( my math -computer math is 8.7 ) , and I drive aggressive. And my daily drive is 50/50 highway/urban. Car is rated at 9.9l/100km

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think I'm 21850, or perhaps just kit 22000. Thats for a 2014 F5 SX Premium / Lux, so it's an AT. Picked it up early April 2014.
As for km/l, hmm, maybe 380. I tend to fill up before it's under a quarter of a tank.

Yes, the car isn't driven that much. Usually during the working week it'll be maybe three times out of the garage - I take the train into work - gets used a little more now, including trips to Buffalo, but nothing that long distance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welp.. Ill call the dealer this is not normal, did 320 kilometers this tank.

Computer 12.8L/100km and 70/30 city/highway

What could be the cause of such a shitty mileage?
Bad spark plug?
Bad oil?
Bad Air filter?
Need of a Valve decarbonizing/cleaning?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Welp.. Ill call the dealer this is not normal, did 320 kilometers this tank.

Computer 12.8L/100km and 70/30 city/highway

What could be the cause of such a shitty mileage?
Bad spark plug?
Bad oil?
Bad Air filter?
Need of a Valve decarbonizing/cleaning?
Did you calculate any of the tanks? I mean, on paper, distance driven, liters poured...
I would not trust the display too much. I find mine to be 10% off (actually, real life fuel economy is worse).

Once you have them on paper, then you can claim something. Otherwise they will say it is not a proof.

And no, I would not say it is bad.
Sure, I got on highway 36 MPG (6.5 l/100 km), but on summer, driving no faster than 65 mph (105 km/h)... so good numbers do not come from just having a car. You must sacrifice something else.
As for city.
It is all about ambient temperature and your trips. Not to mention YOUR style.

If ambient is -10 C, it takes a while for the car to warm up. Until the engine reaches 55 C torque converter will not lock up. Why it is important? Well, in 6th gear, at 60 km/h you should be having 1500 rpm when locked. Otherwise it will be 2500 rpm or even more.
That is a huge impact. And torque lock gets locked in 4th, 5th, and 6th. If I am not mistaken, I felt it locking in 3rd as well.
And how long it takes? Well, when driving say 65 km/h, it will be there in about 2 minutes, but if you add heater on, it takes more time. In addition, until engine reaches 82 C (operating temperature) you have elevated idle speed. It drinks fuel like crazy. Especially in automatic at stop.
Another thing is ECO.
Low rpm means low fuel use. Of course under gentle to moderate acceleration.

Coasting. That is the deal breaker. If you use gas - brake only, no coasting, then forget about good results.

Finally - lots of stops and accelerations...

So all in all - if I am careful, I can get 24 mpg "city", which is very low in stop/go. That is 10 l/100 km. But it takes some effort. Otherwise, I sit at 20 mpg (US), which is like 12 l/100 km.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I calculate with TRIP A which I reset every time I fuel the car. I got one bar left and gas light is on and I got 315 kilometer this far.

I don't have Eco on because the engine feel weird with it.

Could it be a sensor problem with 16 inch wheel compared to 18 inch ?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I don't have Eco on because the engine feel weird with it.
Such as?

Could it be a sensor problem with 16 inch wheel compared to 18 inch ?
What size you have?
Actually, 16" wheel gets better results than 18"... assuming comparable tire size.
I run now 205/60x16, which is a tad taller than 225/40x18.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Such as?

What size you have?
Actually, 16" wheel gets better results than 18"... assuming comparable tire size.
I run now 205/60x16, which is a tad taller than 225/40x18.
I got oem forte 16 inch tire size 205/55R16 inflated at 30 psi.

As far as eco go, when I push the car or when I need power (going up a hill ) , the engine try to give it but he cant and try to swap to non-eco and it look like the engine is working way too hard.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
30 psi as cold today on cold or when they built the tires? I would ramp it up to 35 psi cold. That's what I keep mine.

ECO - I did not feel that. It requires more pedal input to unlock the torque lock and produce higher rpm, but when I need it, it will go. It will push 16 psi boost no problem and will chirp tires 1st to 2nd. Still in ECO.
But I very like the early shifts and low end torque.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well I just learned that when the range on your car changes from 50 km to " - - - " ..... You have 2 litres in the tank.

Closest I've ever come to running out of gas ever.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well I just learned that when the range on your car changes from 50 km to " - - - " ..... You have 2 litres in the tank.

Closest I've ever come to running out of gas ever.
Last time I got the fuel low warning, I filled it up and it was about 42litres. I think our tank is 50litres so I'm assuming it comes on when there's 8litres left, give or take.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts