Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a red one yesterday, not sure if he's on here but yeah I was kind of following him for a good 15 minutes and finally got up to him and gave him a thumbs up. He just looked at me funny so I punched it and disappeared into the sunset (not really)..

Makes me not want to do it again, lol.

I have dash cam video... might post it later.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've only seen a few forte 5s in my tenure with mine, and none of them looked twice as i drove by smiling and waiving.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i honestly see more non turbo koups than turbo koups

·
Registered
188 Posts
The classic wave, Hey you have a nice car or same car ect. Seems lost in this day and age. When I drive my classic and even wave at other classics they seem to be like who the f are you? And why are you acknowledging me? I don't get it

·
Registered
827 Posts
All of you have experienced the malcontent type of people on the road. They don't feel good enough about themselves to say hello, give a thumbs up or acknowledge something like owning the same type of car.
That's why forum member get togethers and picnics, workshops and photo shoots (where feasible) have to be organized.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have given other forte drivers a wave, and got one in return. I agree I think it's lost on people these days though. Always used to wave at fellow Subaru drivers back in the day, and it would be returned too.

·
Registered
534 Posts
This used to be big in the Subaru scene. I think people are just not as friendly as they used to be.

But don't give up. If I see you wave I will wave back if I am in either car.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Waiving.... barely any Fortes around here. SX? Forget.

Last week I saw older brother - Veloster. It was Turbo. But the driver was so occupied that would not even pay attention to others. It was a lady in about 50's who did not seem to enjoy the car.

Taking into account that my dealer NEVER had any SXs in their lot, I highly doubt I will see one here. Ever.
Unless there is another crazy owner who would fly out of state to get SX. From KIA inventory it seems there are only 2 F5 SX in the state of MI.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Waiving.... barely any Fortes around here. SX? Forget.

Last week I saw older brother - Veloster. It was Turbo. But the driver was so occupied that would not even pay attention to others. It was a lady in about 50's who did not seem to enjoy the car.

Taking into account that my dealer NEVER had any SXs in their lot, I highly doubt I will see one here. Ever.
Unless there is another crazy owner who would fly out of state to get SX. From KIA inventory it seems there are only 2 F5 SX in the state of MI.
Pretty much the same story here with the exception of last week.

I saw the first F5 SX since I bought my car last November just a week ago. He passed by me, didn't seem to notice. A little while later I was directly behind him and again no nod or any sign of acknowledgememt.

Was a male in his 30's, no mods done to the car.

I have seen 2 Koup SX's however. Never got close enough to either.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had a 2017 black F5 SX behind me and then he pulled up beside me at a stop light, He was a younger black guy and we both rolled down our windows and chatted for a bit about how much we loved our F5's. It is always nice to meet random people and have a positive interaction!

When I pass an KIA SX or a VT I always give the friendly two-honk greeting.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
It's hit or miss with cars these days. Even more common tuner cars you see non-enthusiasts driving. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people driving Z's or S2000's that were old women or some young kid acting a fool

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't think Vt drivers are very fond of us. I know at least from my experience they always try to see if the same engine is more potent in a Kia than their own cars. They seem very aggressive and always try to compensate some how.

Tell me I'm wrong. Lots of Vt drivers are young punks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've seen 2 other F5 sx in my two years and both didn't even pay attention to me waving. Bummer.

I miss the days when you could acknowledged other drivers without confrontation or awkwardness.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thinking back to when I had my old Dakota which I threw a nice lift on it... I had another Dakota pass me who waved as if it was the last wave he'll ever give.

He drove the same colour Dakota as me, Atlantic Blue, which was a rare colour to find on these trucks.

I was stunned in the situation, not really what to make of it so I gave a blank stare.

Fellow Dakota owner, if you ever see this... Im sorry I didn't return the gesture.

o/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts