Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have no idea where to put this so figured this section would be the closest to what this event is.

Pierce Motorsports is holding a Veloster Challenge that is open also to the Forte peeps and even Rio peeps. I Just talked to Jim and he would like to see more Fortes involved. I know this is in SoCal but if some wanted to come on out I sure don't mind opening up my place if you needed a place to stay for a day or 2. We could make sure that the cars are fully ready and caravan to the track. I will be apart of this event as soon as my taxes come in so I can get my spot. I know the first event is a bit short notice but you can miss up to 2 events.

Here is the link to the Official site for it

Veloster Challenge - Veloster Racing

Lets get some forte's out there to represent! I will be!

Also bring your gopro's so you can video your runs or take pics. I am going to try and muster up some extra cash so I can get one before the event

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be awesome! Going to be a lot of vt's ranging in different classes. I will be in beginner aince its my first time

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to try. Got to get some funds to get my torsion bar and my 6 point. Going to se Eli this weekend to get the trunk brace made also

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright guys I have paid my entry to the challenge! Got to make sure the car is ready now!

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be there sat with a gopro and my wife will be taking pictures as she can for the event! I will post pictures and my results when I get back on sunday!

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man! Wish more forte peeps can get out there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Best of luck to you Forte5. I'll be waiting to watch the footage as it should be fun!

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Going to try and put down some fast laps and show that the Forte can do it to!

·
Registered
209 Posts
^ Look forward to it! I think our biggest problem is traction out of the gate, hard to get those 60ft times down. You are tuned with some bolt on love, you should push hard. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will pull good. We don't do drag style since we are on a track.

Check out YouTube and look up Buttonwillow raceway #13 cw. That's the track we are running

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will be interested to see how the weight and center of gravity differences between the VT and the F5 manifest themselves. Did you get the trans cooler finished up yet? I remember you showing a mocked picture of it, but for some reason I thought you were going to relocate it...

Reactions: Innovazero

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the Trans cooler is done. Sits right in the front lower grill. Glad I have that on before this event. She will need it. I am also going to be logging Temps when I am on the track. Also after each run I will leave the hood open so she can cool down so it has rest time lol

Here is the Trans cooler thread

http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=353

·
Registered
468 Posts
don't forget to remove your floor mats and install your toe hooks.. if allowed it will allow for faster reaction times if something happens and they wont buddy bumper you.. and bring a good air gage and tire compressor.. and some white shoe polish if you need some down and dirty numbers on the windows

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The numbers are supplied for us along with the tire Guage and air. From how he is running this he is doing it as a low budget race so you don't need much to compete. He has listed what the rules are and don't see the toe hooks in there.

I need to get a dp and a fmic going on so I can have better power and keep intake Temps down. The course I believe is 1.84 miles. I will be borrowing a gopro so I can record my laps and I will post up a time sheet and what place I came in. Just keep in mind this is the first time I have been on a track before so I will be in the beginner class till my time improves

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you have anymore tips please let me know! I am prepping the car today. I am going over all fluids and clamps and doing a boost leak test also

·
Registered
518 Posts
take out everything that adds weight. floor mats, head rests, heavy stuffy that might be in glove box or center console, everything that is in the trunk, not sure if you driven on muddy dirt roads but there could be dirt clods under your car. every little bit of weight helps. and before you go on the track i would see if there is a lot of rocks stuck in tire, make sure to take them out. i know nothing about road racing but i'm just thinking of stuff that might help. good luck, and don't forget to use the restroom before, more weight reduction. lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts