Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any more info than what's been featured in all the stories on the new Sportage? Any Kia techs out there with some advanced knowledge?

Hoping it will be easy to throw one in the F5 SX when it's available. CarPlay, can't wait. Sure we may have to wait for some Sportages to get smashed so they end up on eBay or Amazon... but a guy can dream.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The optima has the car play now . The sportage still gets the uvo but in the old navigational feature for 2016 . The late 2016/17 body style I'm not sure . I do know they are fazing out the small uvo units found in the first run 2014 forte ex and SX .

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
534 Posts
Might more difficult than the time is worth. If those cars have an amp, all fader, tone controls, etc are done at the amp. Didn't mean it won't work, just might be easier to get an aftermarket unit with a canbus adaptor

·
Registered
580 Posts
True . They sell car play everywhere . So you could get an aftermarket unit or wire up an iPad or Google tablet for Internet service capability

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trying to stay factory just for looks. I used to be an installer. Not to worried about wiring just not all that pumped on what the aftermarket offers at the moment, especially the prices right now. Just seeing what everyone thought.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The shop I got my sub from was trying to get me to buy a new radio and I kept telling them I like my NAV unit because it is factory looking but he kept insisting aftermarket would be better. On some things yes but not the looks. Plus I would be paying almost $1k for another unit with NAV and steering wheel controls and all the other crap you need for it. No thanks I am good lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts