Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys does any of you have file or access to get software update for non navigation uvo system?
Was looking online but can't find it anywere, can't download it from official kia site.
It took few months for my dealer to get one (usb stick from kia canada) and finally when they tried to update they couldnt. They had info on my screen that some files are missing and can't finish update.
My only problem with uvo is that I can't adjust incoming call volume. It adjust automatically ring volume and call volume together.
Currently have 1.MP.1.013 software on 2016 model

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
When did you purchase your car and are you the first owner?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When did you purchase your car and are you the first owner?
Production mid 2015, model 2016, bought April 2017, first owner. Dealer want to do update for free, so that's not problem, but takes them forever and have technical issues.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Production mid 2015, model 2016, bought April 2017, first owner. Dealer want to do update for free, so that's not problem, but takes them forever and have technical issues.
I got map update for navi through KIA CS. However, a wrong part was ordered. It turns out that despite the units look same, maps were not same.
Double check on the update for what unit version it is. Mine had very similar problems - files were there, the newer version was correct, but some files were missing... I cannot verify it now, but I think it was sedan version instead of hatchback. Something like that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got map update for navi through KIA CS. However, a wrong part was ordered. It turns out that despite the units look same, maps were not same.
Double check on the update for what unit version it is. Mine had very similar problems - files were there, the newer version was correct, but some files were missing... I cannot verify it now, but I think it was sedan version instead of hatchback. Something like that.
Thanks, gonna mention that to dealer on next visit

·
Registered
633 Posts
My 2016 Canadian-market car has the same issue that you described.

I thought it was just an annoyance I'd have to deal with, I didn't know there is an update available so you can change the volumes of each (opposed to together).

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
As for my input in annoyances...

The volume increase/decrease does not translate across functions.

One would think if audio is louder, navi would be too. And it is not.
Same for the phone. All the three levels (plus the ring, although this one I do not mind to be loud) are independent.
On one hand I am OK with this - makes sense, make it more custom, but on the other - you set up audio loud and then you miss navi turn as it was too quiet...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would not mind to have louder ring volume, but original one is really loud high tone which gonna cause my heart to jump off my chest one day. When lowered than can't hear nothing during conversation, annoying situation.
From what I read online software update 1.MP.1.018 is fixing that issue, you can control volumes independent.
From what dealer said, according to my car production date they did not know which update to get, cuz one ended month before and another started month after. So it's like no specific one for my radio...

About navigation, it's not like when you're getting voice direction than automatically radio volume is little bit lowered for that moment? (Never used kia navigation)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
From what dealer said, according to my car production date they did not know which update to get, cuz one ended month before and another started month after. So it's like no specific one for my radio...
How come? It is simple. Check UVO and kia map update sites. Your MY, model, and version of unit dictate what software you should get. As for update - version is given in the unit (you can check it yourself) and when you find what updates are available, you will know which one to take.
It was simple in mine. Messed up was only part when the order was placed. Now I have to maps... :)

About navigation, it's not like when you're getting voice direction than automatically radio volume is little bit lowered for that moment? (Never used kia navigation)
Yes, it will be lowered, but if the navi was set previously with low volume (say city driving, no radio on in the background) then the background noise louder radio will still be louder than the navi. You may reach a moment when relative volume level in partially muted audio is same as regular level in navi... I hope it makes sense.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How come? It is simple. Check UVO and kia map update sites. Your MY, model, and version of unit dictate what software you should get. As for update - version is given in the unit (you can check it yourself) and when you find what updates are available, you will know which one to take.
It was simple in mine. Messed up was only part when the order was placed. Now I have to maps... :)

Yes, it will be lowered, but if the navi was set previously with low volume (say city driving, no radio on in the background) then the background noise louder radio will still be louder than the navi. You may reach a moment when relative volume level in partially muted audio is same as regular level in navi... I hope it makes sense.
There is no official updates to my uvo, nothing what I was able to find, even on kia canada site. It is something for navigation units, but not for non nav.
That production date situation makes few people confused that day when we're trying to update that first time.
But still even when you have your radio playing loud and navigation is telling you direction, than music is getting kind of dimmed but just can't hear direct information from navi, cuz was set on low volume? At least that's what I experienced on other cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts