Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Check out that RealFeel tho.

Forte had a bit of trouble starting... the usual "cold whine" followed by a few sputters and finally it caught and revved up to 2500 rpm. Held the clutch in for a few secs, started to release it and it almost died.

Held it for about 20 secs before I felt confident it wouldn't stall. Catch can wasn't nearly full but after I drove it for about 30 mins I checked it and you could see some frozen material.

So for those in cold as climates, check your cans as they probably are freezing!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hmm, would having a catch can in this instance cause some kind of blockage leading to the equivalent of cardiac arrest? I don't know.. just figured that would be what's happening if oil isn't going the whole loop as it were.

Yeah it was pretty cold in Toronto this morning as well but I think you guys have us beat. I somehow feel it was colder 2 years ago though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
-22 (-26 with windchill) down in Oakville. Brrrr. I was contemplating getting the car washed, but I think that might be a bad idea :D
It's about +8 in the underground parking garage, so I should be ok with starting.

Almost time for me to break out my Canada Goose jacket :D

Stay warm people!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It sure is a cold one for a few of us, when I started mine this morning at -20 without wind chill. released the clutch and it took it a second to come back up... never did that before. :confused:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was thinking about kicking on the air conditioning yesterday and I'm actually further north than both of you guys in Canada heh. Was 67 in the house without the heat even being on. Thankful for those warm pacific waters keeping it so mild over here.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was thinking about kicking on the air conditioning yesterday and I'm actually further north than both of you guys in Canada heh. Was 67 in the house without the heat even being on. Thankful for those warm pacific waters keeping it so mild over here.
wow lol how lucky. that big high pressure was just a chillin over Duluth mn this morning.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think it hit 50s last night. Ac off all day and it's a nice 75 in the house

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think it hit 50s last night. Ac off all day and it's a nice 75 in the house
People in the south always trying to rub it in lol... right now it is 34° F with 82% humidity just a nice wet chill.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea it was pretty chilly here near Philadelphia. Went to start my car and it had a tough time starting. But after that, i started it 3 other times to run errands, and had no problem. I can't even imagine being in those extreme negatives!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
WOW!! That is cold! Was 85+ here the other day and that was terrible! Was too hot, but better being too cold then too warm! Can always put on more layers to keep warm!

Gina

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
+44 F
where is summer?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Lansing, Michigan.... hail and snow on Saturday and Sunday (14-MAY-2016).
Snow in mid May??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts