Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda surprised there isn't a thread yet, if there is my bad.
I was pulling into a parking spot when torque uttered the haunting words "trouble code pending"...
Pending isnt fully a code but it never has pending codes
P2261
" turbo/supercharger bypass valve-mechanical"

·
Registered
981 Posts
Might have something to do with the Hodunk BOV, basically it is saying the BOV is not releasing pressure fast enough or not at all.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I just got the same.
I have no clue how long it has been there, but it is "pending" or "gray code".

However, for a few moments I did not have turbo. Car was hot (after 20 minutes drive). And for a while the turbo would not boost. I got up to 3 - 5 PSI boost.
Then, it came back.
That's why I ran it against codes to find P1111.

does it all make any sense?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Do you notice a vibration in the pedal area while moderately accelerating while the car is still cold? Experienced that for the third time in 2 days this morning.

No codes for me yet but I think its gonna throw one soon. Don't like that vibration.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I can feel the engine "shaking" a bit when gentle/moderate acceleration in the morning on cold start. It goes away after a while...

Another thing I had happened twice was this:

After going down the road, about 50-55 MPH, lights change and I come to a quick stop. Not so sudden, but pretty quick. When I come to a complete stop, the engine starts bogging down. Kind of like it was struggling to keep idle, which drops to 500 RPM. It responds to gas, after a few touches it comes back to normal.
In both cases the engine was at operating temperature.

Oh, and one more thing.
The CEL is flashing when you rev engine between 1000-3000, then goes away when at idle, although you could feel and hear it missing

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah that's a better description of it, PLP.

And my car does the same thing too, or it'll do it if I push in the clutch while I was in the middle of releasing it... Like if I'm in traffic and releasing the clutch to go, and it comes to an abrupt stop I will push the clutch back in and it'll jolt while the revs fall to about 500.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Yeah that's a better description of it, PLP.

And my car does the same thing too, or it'll do it if I push in the clutch while I was in the middle of releasing it... Like if I'm in traffic and releasing the clutch to go, and it comes to an abrupt stop I will push the clutch back in and it'll jolt while the revs fall to about 500.
WTF is going on?

I did not even do any serious mods...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm bone stock with the exception if catch cans.

I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if I'm overly observant/cautious about the car or if I should just drive it.

These little problems are more like annoyances to me.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
To me it does not sound right. I am annoyed for unstable power delivery (unstable boost). Dealer says it is OK... and no codes found.
I must bring up the P1111 to see if this changes anything.

And one question to you, staax.

Is your M/T?
Regardless, when not in gear, stationery car, engine speed at idle. Start gently pushing the gas. It will respond eventually and RPM jumps quickly to 2000 to then drop by itself to 1500 or so.
Is it the same with yours?

Mine is M/T. It drives me crazy as taking off from stand still in gentle manner is impossible due to the fact the engine speed drops by itself.

Reactions: staax

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah mine is a M/T.

And yeah my throttle is exactly that. Slight push of the pedal makes the RPMs race up and then fall on it's face. It makes starting off from a stop a pain in the ass if you're not slipping the hell out the clutch. I'm hoping the clutch mod will help with that to get rid of that delayed grab feeling. Throttle is still gonna be high but Im gonna just start without the gas, that's what I do now.

That or i'll blip the throttle then let the clutch out.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'm hoping the clutch mod will help with that to get rid of that delayed grab feeling.
Nope, it will not.
This is throttle response (power drop) while letting the clutch off. Unless we talk about two different things.

What I do sometimes is to slowly, fully release clutch at idle speed to start rolling and then push the gas. It is smooth from there.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I understand what you're saying about the throttle response and the only thing that'll fix that is a tune, which is not something I'm after because I wanna retain my warranty. Sure I can buy a spare ECU but that's more $$$.

What I'm hoping for the clutch mod is to get that smooth, consistent feel while releasing the clutch opposed to the slight delay where its grabbing.

I do exactly the same as you, release clutch slowly to get rolling, then hit the gas.

I still find that If I release the clutch quickly to get to the bite point, there's a little delay before it actually grabs. Its been said that the CDV is what is delaying the hydraulics and not giving you that feeling that you're foot is controlling the grabbing and release of the clutch.

That delay also makes it that much harder to start from idle because it tricks you (at least me) into thinking you're not at the bite point yet, and when you release just a little more its too much and you almost stall out.

I've gotten used to released the clutch and then holding it for a second for it to fully grab, then release it opposed to one fluid motion of slowly releasing my foot. That's the best way I can understand it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I am confused.
Either some are made different way, or mine does not have the valve anymore (I got it used) or it does not work same way.

I had 2004 Elantra where I could really feel the delay, but in Forte I can dump the clutch and it will smoke tires. There is no delay... unless I really do not feel it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts