Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else drives with the traction and stability control off.
I only do it in the dry weather.
It seems to allow just enough wheel spin when driving hard and going from 1st to 2nd (m6).
Traction control would always spoil my fun and cut in.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else drives with the traction and stability control off.
I only do it in the dry weather.
It seems to allow just enough wheel spin when driving hard and going from 1st to 2nd (m6).
Traction control would always spoil my fun and cut in.
It's horrible on the M/T, the A/T isn't that bad even when spinning but to answer your question that is the first thing I do after starting the car wet or dry. If you like to DRIVE your car shut it all off, nothing worse than trying to fight the ECU while in mid slide going through a corner.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I view the modes like this
Eco-dont plan on needing to punch it
Eco off, traction control still on- there's a potential for testosterone to kick it
Traction control and eco off- go time

·
Registered
981 Posts
I view the modes like this
Eco-dont plan on needing to punch it
Eco off, traction control still on- there's a potential for testosterone to kick it
Traction control and eco off- go time
You do realize there is one more step there, push and hold traction control to disable stability control also.

Reactions: schizorazgriz

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
pushing the button isn't really turning the system "off"

·
Registered
981 Posts
pushing the button isn't really turning the system "off"
Don't know about being totally off but it definitely does let you have more control over the car than it does while active. With it on/active diving into a corner hard around 60 mph will cause the front tires to push forward with a harsh feel of understeer. With it deactivated I can plant the car in the corner at 60 and be back in the throttle before mid corner.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
When I turn it off and do mountain driving and the autocross it still kicks in. Yes I do push and hold it till it chimes. I wish I could disable it totally when I do my runs. I could have out ran a few people in the twisties but it wouldn't give me the power I needed.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I know when I push the button and it tells me it's off, that I can dump the clutch and smoke the tires.

With it on, can;t break traction at all. I only turn it off when racing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I press and hold to turn off Traction Control AND stability control am I turning off the anti-lock brakes?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I leave them on for now. I seem to know how to get the stability control to my advantage in the turns. Traction control will kill 2nd for me. But if I punch it after I release the clutch I still get wheel spin (stock nexen w/ 2500 miles). The low end touque on this thing is great. I prefer everyday driving it than I do my wrx. But the wrx is a different beast all together.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
How do you know that it's off after pressing and holding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It shows up on the dash telling you it's off. If yours doesn't display it then wait till you hear a chime and then its off

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went out to do a test, my 2010 sx forte just has the click on and off, it shows up as "off" when I click it once and that's that. I thought it was the traction control cause that's what my herpity derp sales man told me. Just came back from racing around a bit. Nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
On the turbo models you have to press and hold for a few seconds and it should have a chime but since yours is a 2010 I am not sure how that works on yours.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I went out to do a test, my 2010 sx forte just has the click on and off, it shows up as "off" when I click it once and that's that. I thought it was the traction control cause that's what my herpity derp sales man told me. Just came back from racing around a bit. Nothing special.
Little bit different setup than the Gen2 Forte has.

Reactions: kyleandre
1 - 20 of 27 Posts