Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This partially refers to my other thread about KIA of Lansing, MI.

I found used 2015 KIA Forte5 SX with Toyota of Bowling Green, KY.
They had very "aggressive" pricing. I could not refuse 16000 OTD for 1 year old Forte with 10k ODO and Premium Package, plus some accessories like mats, cargo net...

Anyway, the point here is that the dealer is 500 miles away from my place. I email them all paperwork from my side. I say I'll fly down in 3 weeks. They are OK with that.

When I got there, car was ready with plate already on it. I got keys, test drove it. All seems fine.
We get to paperwork. Everything is ready. I keep signing, we talk for a moment. All together - 30 minutes and I am out.

Less than an hour and I have my car. Unbelievable. If they get all deals done like that - I would even pay more just to have it done quickly.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow. That's unbelievable that it went that smoothly for that price.
When car buying goes well it's a beautiful process. Mainly just because when it goes poorly it's really ugly.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wow that's fantastic.

Buying my Forte was hell till I went to the 4th out of 4 dealerships in my area.

A little hiccup with the PDI but after that they've been great.

Glad yours went so smoothly.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
There is a dealer that advertises the ability to have all paperwork ready before you get there. IMO, that is the ONLY way to do it. When I purchased my F5 I drove the car at one dealer in grey then got his best price over the phone. There was another dealer that had the F5 in Racing Red I called them and said this was dealer #1's best offer, can you beat it. Then played them against each other over the phone for a few calls. Settled on the Racing Red one at dealer #2. Dealer #1 complained over the phone to me that "they'll never be able to give you that price" and then when I stated that I was on the way over on Friday night to sign the papers he said "well, when they can't give you that price give me a call". I called him back Saturday morning and he said, "Why do I get the feeling I just helped you buy a car?" I stated that I gave him every opportunity to beat their price but he wouldn't. It felt SOOOOOO good. :cool:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah if you're a USAA member their car buying service will hook you up with dealers certified for "express checkout". My last several purchases have all been pretty quick. Exception was my GTI. Had everything all pre-arranged online yet for some inane reason the whole process still took 4 hrs. And this was buying at a place 4.5 hours from home to begin with. Was ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts