Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have the Tork Pro App.. and a vgate obd2 Bluetooth reader..

here are my questions.. does this app allow me to read Oil temp or pressure.. and if so what is that setting listed under?

rite now my custom real time meters set up is.. reading... revs, boost, coolant temp, throttle, volts, fuel rail psi,Air temp, intake temp,, im looking for the setting for oil temp and oil psi.. is it listed under something different in the pro app.. or do I need to buy the Kia Ex pro add on to get that reading..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
439 Posts
Doesn't work on mine either. Not sure if there is an actual sensor? With oil pressure, most manufacturers just have a switch so as long as there's enough pressure it just tells the car it's good or bad. It doesn't say there's 30 psi. I am not sure if the kia is like that but that is my guess. The kia custom pids doesn't really add much for me. I think fuel rail pressure or something. But I found it was kind of a waste of money.... had lots of pids for auto transmission stuff. But your manual right?

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
I have the kia pro add on. I think its the CVVT oil temp. I have that on mine right now so i am hoping its that one lol

I am still messing with the pids and what is what on it. Right now i havs a/f, fuel rail, vac/boost, trans temp, cvvt temp. It does change though as i am testing to see what ones i really need

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just data logging my car at the moment before I install all the modifications.. I have bought over the past few months.. so I can trouble shoot hotspots and issues that the mods will always bring up.. as we all know modern cars don't have gages.. and I think having a working oil temp and pressure gage.. is necessary on a high strung turbo car like ours.. I guess ill look in the getting the kia ex pro app add on and see if the cvvc temp is our walk around before I statk tapping my own oil gages..

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yeah I have mine data logging all the time. Nice to know what the car is doing. Oil pressure is very important. But yeah pretty sure what ever factory one is on the car will just say oil pressure low. Doesn't give you a reading...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
From what i can tell you
The factory scan tool has a pid for oil temp
But the Torq app does not

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sounds like we need to do some digging.. so far I have tested one wired obd2 reader and 2 different versions of the v gate.. the 1.5 and the 2.0.. I think the issues is the app..im just wondering if people have found the work around... some people seem to think its the cvvt temp.. some think is just a binary switch.. like on or off.. seems like we have some digging to do. we have some members that are staring to get some solid numbers and are really pushing there cars to the edge.. I think having gages like this are vital to anyone with a modded forteSX.. even if all you have a is a cai.. lets keep digging or find a new path,,.. proper gages keep your car alive longer...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts