Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

Tork Motorsports shorty intake pipe

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lephoenix 
#1 ·
Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone has tried this product? Does it fit and work well?

I have a 2014 Forte koup sx. The other CAI's are too much cost for me with shipping and everything involved.

Also I don't really care about power that much, I sorta just want a louder sounding intake. I have already done the bov hose trick (unplug the bov hose that recirculated into the intake and plug the intake hole) and I am very pleased with it.

#2 ·
If you want to try something cheap (free) to make it a bit louder then pull the snorkel off of the front of the airbox. It's free and reversible. You can also cut a big hole in the fender side of the lower airbox. Thats what I'm running now. I've been thinking about pulling the snorkel off again though.

#3 ·
I ended up buying a k and n cone filter that I am going to fit on the end of the intake hose and just take out the box and stock Air filter. We will see what that sounds like. I will update in the new year. If it doesn't sound good I might try your method. Thanks

#4 ·
I've tried open filters. When I wanted it to be loud it sounded great. When I was starting my car when leaving work or in places I didn't really want a loud car I found it a bit annoying. Definitely personal preference. Modifying the stock air box and adding a K&N drop in was my happy medium.
Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.