Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two things I found out . One the cams in the manual and auto different part numbers . The cam lobes both are same lobe height in the service manual as per checking . But something is different . Im suspecting it s the holes for the cam oil holes that control the advance and retard and moved into different positions . I can measure the auto as I have one in my storage right now that I can check but I'm hesitant to go through the hell right now to open up my head to check the manual cam lol. The other thing I have become aware of is the fuel pump. The koup and F5 use different fuel pumps . The one in the koup is from an optima and the one in the F5 is from a veloster . My buddy went in for service the other day and they found fault with the koups fuel pump. It wasn't providing enough fuel pressure to the high speed pump thus starving the motor messing up two injectors then damaging the turbo seals . The fix was new injectors , rebuilt turbo and a veloster fuel pump . The tech told him the fuel pump was from an F5 though and that Kia had always had them in the F5 along with differnt software . they upgraded to the new pump and he said it felt a lot different even better than the day he bought it .
O I tried to see if the veloster use to have the optima fuel pump and maybe it was the issue . seems the veloster had it though every year so I'm not sure if they upgraded or reverted . I did read though that the optimas had fuel starvation issues so I'm wondering now if its on a case by case basis as if to upgrade the koup fuel pump or not and it probably is driver influenced.
The F5 is a newer car than the koup since they never had them on korea or anywhere for that matter so as I go through parts Im noticing its not the same as the koup and closer to an Rspec or as claimed the Ceed GT .
I am really hoping I can one day get the parts info for a ceed gt and the service manual . it crazy how much the F5 seems to be the child between the Rspec and Koup

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Veloster Turbos have had the same LPFP in the tank, and HPFP on the block. 2013 to 2016. Our fuel delivery issue took the form of a re call on certain VIN numbers. The actual issue was not either of the pumps but the vynil lines them selves collapsing under load.

Several vendors have come up with fuel line fixes using SS lines, max fuel by 6 EE even has an aftermarket LPFP.

I thiink the issue may be even more simple.
My VT was NOT in the recall.
I have never had any issues through three marks of tunes, including my latest SST with a stuffed turbo. When I WOT I see a rock solid 2,535 psi.

It is my opinion that a super stiff lower engine mount prevents ANY excessive engine movement, and keeps the fuel lines from flexing/collapse. Just look at the lines where they come from under the firewall. A violently pitching motor would surely cause fatigue in the vinyl lines.

If you have identified differing LPFP's in your Forte's I would opt for the more powerful one.:eek:

I have a Turbo tech mount. Motor doesnt move at all !!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts