Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://goo.gl/images/7DfgEf

Came across this kit for the focus RS. Has to be one of the best kits I've seen on any car and it's reasonably priced at 950$ usd. Better still, these guys are in Waterloo, Ontario, only 45 mins away. Ive emailed them to possibly adapt their kit for our car so hopefully they can do something for us. I know most of you aren't into widebody and our car is already pretty wide in the rump but some extra girth would really set it off, imo.

I've been looking at flared for close to a year and due to the scarcity of support for our platform I've never been satisfied enough to chance it on something that would require some modifications to work but I think this kit is worth the effort. Looks so damn sexy imo. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much are those TIRES? $600.00 per wheel?
It may not be readily apparent but after reading more into it, that is just a render. Their YouTube and website have nothing by way of actual tangible product to showcase. And the $950 I quoted is only half of the kit's price. Still, if they can deliver a product that looks as good as the render, I think $2000 is a small price to pay.

They're only taking pre-rders right now and as far as those tires, yeah they look wide af. I doubt they would even fit without a lot of rubbing if that were real.

·
Registered
827 Posts
And those tires would be a bad balance and mix of heavy, slow acceleration, possible sluggish or twitchy steering, murder on the power steering pump, very harsh ride and expensive. Tread life?
Are you going to spend $2K on your KOUP?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's people who spend $7-10k on a wide body kit for their FRS/BRZ. It's worth it to some. If I could transform a boring econobox into something like that Focus RS or those wildly looking BRZs with rock bunny, I'd say it's worth it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
There's people who spend $7-10k on a wide body kit for their FRS/BRZ. It's worth it to some. If I could transform a boring econobox into something like that Focus RS or those wildly looking BRZs with rock bunny, I'd say it's worth it.
Ya gotta love the car you drive or it's a waste of money!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya gotta love the car you drive or it's a waste of money!
That brings up an interesting thought. You being in California I'm sure you've come across your fair share of unique looking cars. While I'm not a fan of stance it seems to be popular in that part of the continent. Unfortunately the vast majority of people who drive treat their car like an appliance and are perfectly content with stock. However they also arent shy about showing their disdain for people who modify their cars, calling them rice rockets, ect.

I used to care about what people think about what my car looked and sounded like but that self consciousness has faded somewhat. I'm modding my car for me. I just don't want to piss off the cops or somebunhonfe person who will key or slash my tires out of spite.

Anyway, off my soap box.

·
Registered
827 Posts
That brings up an interesting thought. You being in California I'm sure you've come across your fair share of unique looking cars. While I'm not a fan of stance it seems to be popular in that part of the continent. Unfortunately the vast majority of people who drive treat their car like an appliance and are perfectly content with stock. However they also arent shy about showing their disdain for people who modify their cars, calling them rice rockets, ect.

I used to care about what people think about what my car looked and sounded like but that self consciousness has faded somewhat. I'm modding my car for me. I just don't want to piss off the cops or somebunhonfe person who will key or slash my tires out of spite.

Anyway, off my soap box.
Tha'ts not being on a soapbox. It's true, a huge majority of car owners just drive them until they need a trip for repairs/service. I don't know that they wide body kit is all that popular anymore and the "ricer-ghettmobiles" are WAY down out here. Those ricermobiles were very dangerously modded (a while back) and so laws got them crushed and off the road.
One mod that I know can be very annoying in residential zones is a loud exhaust. Can be very inconsiderate. Next to that BOOM-BOOM subwoofers so loud it's ridiculous.
Other than that, I don't think people care about turbos, rims, tires, suspensions, seats etc - probably have no idea :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts