Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a Golf R.
If I"m honest, I was waiting for the Focus RS to get a pricing but here in Canada, they want $47,000 for it. That's just insane. I couldn't justify a $50,000 Focus with AWD and the Golf R was really the second choice. I much prefer the R over say the STI.

Been looking at them for the last few weeks. It largely depends if I can get a good trade in on the Forte. If they low ball me, I'll have to pass but if I can get $15-18,000 I'd have to seriously consider it. I owe the bank about $8000 left. So I figure if they make up the $10,000 downpayment, I'd have a more manageable monthly payment.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Trading cheaper and more reliable for way faster and way cooler. The choice is yours but if your financial situation is in order then I can't really blame you.

Stay hatch. It's the only way.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hope you make a decision that makes you happy! Good luck with your search!
Gina

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Any further thoughts?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the VW sales manger was being disrespectful which I was warned about in advanced about these snooty foreign badge dealers of being. Decided to just not bother. Also revisiting the Mustang GT option later this year.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Here is my take. I also own a wrx (04 with lots of goodies including regeared transmission etc) and wife has a turbo optima. I actually enjoy the smoothness of the optima, the steering, transmission and control of the forte5, but the whole package of the wrx since it's the most powerful of the group with the tightest suspension and is geared really close to the manual on the forte. However the forte gets the best gas mileage and feels the most stable on the highway (rear torsion bar and collars really help here) with the best ride. The optima is smooth, but boaty , and the wrx, week you feel quite a bit (springs, huge sway bars of 25f and 22r etc).

My point of all this is that every car has its greatness and shortcomings. You just need to figure out what is important to you, what you can afford that has as much as possible of that and start making decisions.

Me personally, I would take another Kia over a Subaru. Subaru's are reliable and well built but bland. The Kia is cheaper, just as reliable, and had lots of creature comforts but not as powerful but also had one of the best warranties. And I would take a Subaru over any VW. VW are well built, but pricey, buy also more refined. Again figure out those check boxes, rate them by importance and see which one wins.

Another suggestion, make sure it's turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts