Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me almost 2 years to finally sit in some where else other than the drivers seat surprisingly the passenger seat is rather comfortable and lower. even at the lowest settings the drover sits really high. Also the back with the arm rest is really comfy as well lol.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It took me almost 2 years to finally sit in some where else other than the drivers seat surprisingly the passenger seat is rather comfortable and lower. even at the lowest settings the drover sits really high. Also the back with the arm rest is really comfy as well lol.
Me too! I was like.... Damn, I'm guna drive from this seat from now on!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Does the boot on the Forte have a latch button above the license plate? We've had a bunch of Optima owners that had no idea that was there and were only using the key fob to pop the trunk. Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
Same fob for the Koups, that's why.

I wouldn't wanna waste money designing a new key just for the hatches. I'd throw them the same one with a dummy button.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I don't understand why I have a trunk button on my remote. Pressing it does NOTHING!!!!!
Well, RTFM...
you would find out that pressing the button for 3 seconds (or maybe a bit shorter) will unlock the trunk only, while keeping all doors locked. Once done, and you close the hatch, the car remains locked.

·
Registered
524 Posts
With the smart key system standard the only use I have gotten out of the buttons on the fob is accidentally setting off the panic button when crouching in the garage. Which I fixed with a silicone fob cover.

·
Registered
481 Posts
With the smart key system standard the only use I have gotten out of the buttons on the fob is accidentally setting off the panic button when crouching in the garage. Which I fixed with a silicone fob cover.
That shit pisses me off -_-

One time... I had a girl in my car, keys in my pocket, parked in a dark parking lot.... And the damn thing goes off -_-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, RTFM...
you would find out that pressing the button for 3 seconds (or maybe a bit shorter) will unlock the trunk only, while keeping all doors locked. Once done, and you close the hatch, the car remains locked.
Let me first start by saying, I read the manual, FRONT TO BACK on every single car I have bought. I'm not a complete fool. With that said, I will reiterate, that the button does nothing. I even had the dealer confirm it did not perform a function. On my car, I do not have to press the button on the remote to open the trunk hatch. It acts as proximity and will open as long as I have the key in my pocket. You can press that button and hold it down till the cows come home and it will do nothing. You can even lock the car with the remote and still walk around to the hatch and open it, as long as the key is close. So yeah, the FM, did jack ish for me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Done that a few times, including tonight. Put the keys in the door pull hole thing, they got stuck and when pulling them out, it hit the panic button on the fob. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Let me first start by saying, I read the manual, FRONT TO BACK on every single car I have bought. I'm not a complete fool. With that said, I will reiterate, that the button does nothing. I even had the dealer confirm it did not perform a function. On my car, I do not have to press the button on the remote to open the trunk hatch. It acts as proximity and will open as long as I have the key in my pocket. You can press that button and hold it down till the cows come home and it will do nothing. You can even lock the car with the remote and still walk around to the hatch and open it, as long as the key is close. So yeah, the FM, did jack ish for me.
You can use the fob button as described to unlock it at a distance for someone who doesn't have a key.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Let me first start by saying, I read the manual, FRONT TO BACK on every single car I have bought.
Then you belong to the 5% of the population...

On my car, I do not have to press the button on the remote to open the trunk hatch. It acts as proximity and will open as long as I have the key in my pocket. You can press that button and hold it down till the cows come home and it will do nothing. You can even lock the car with the remote and still walk around to the hatch and open it, as long as the key is close. So yeah, the FM, did jack ish for me.
You are correct. All doors can be opened if the key is close enough. That's why it is a proximity. But...

With that said, I will reiterate, that the button does nothing. I even had the dealer confirm it did not perform a function.
lol, I'm going to try this tonight to prove once and for all my button has no function. And I'm going to video it all and post it here tomorrow.
I could not believe it. I checked on mine.

With the car locked, I stand about 30 yards away from the car. Far enough for proximity to not pick up the signal.
Now, I depress the trunk button and hold it for about 1.5 second and the hazard signals will flash informing me the trunk was unlocked. I approach the car WITHOUT the key in my pocket (I left it on the ground 30 yards away) and tried to open any door (locked). trunk opens up fine. Then I close it. It is locked right away.

If yours does not do that, then something is not working fine...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where did you get your cover? I've been trying to find one, but all the ones I've seen don't match up with my fob.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts