Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p

JK

Hello all! Reporting in form Oak Harbor, WA! Kinda cold and windy up here at the moment. A little bit about me - I picked up a charcoal gray '14 Forte Koup SX A/T back in May of 2015 and have been enjoying the ride since then. Active Duty and got back recently from a deployment and I'm happy to drive it around again. No mods installed yet. ;)

Oh and I'm about to do my first DIY oil change today, looking forward using PUP. I did it to a friend's car the other day and he already sees results, so I'm very excited about pouring it into the car.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Welcome to the family. Small one, but still.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome
Nice car. :)

What's PUP?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@drc69 Pennzoil Ultra Platnium (oil)

@valleyracer K&N High Performance. Local autozone had them in stock so I just picked one of them up.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
K&N High Performance. Local autozone had them in stock so I just picked one of them up.
KIA tends to be picky about their OEM oil filters... and truth to be told some aftermarkets were causing problems with KIA engines (noise).
Not saying that's the case here, yet OEM is about $6-8 a piece.

I myself get a bottle of Platinum 5W-30 and take it to the dealer. They drain it, pour it, do inspection, I maybe test drive some other KIA in the meantime, or take a walk to Hyundai next door, and then pay $10-15 for an oil change (plus my oil of course).
They keep track of it and if something goes bad - well, KIA did the oil change.

While I love DIY and I am sure I would do it better, I do not want to deal with them when it comes to engine issues. I highly doubt I will keep the car longer than 60-80k miles, so for anything warranty will apply.

Just my 2 cents.

So, what exactly kind of results did your friend notice after starting using PUP?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome! PUP's good oil, I also recommend using OE filters. You can get them for about $5.00 a piece w drain plug washers on ebay.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Lacey, WA., and there's a few of us around your area. There's a car show March 4th 12-5 @Wild Waves. Check it out: Springfest 2018 a few of us will be there spectating as my car isn't ready yet :) check my IG for pics of my 16 Forte 5 SX @Assassinazn def check out the DIY section and builds for ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Whidbey14Forte

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@PLP: Smoother throttle response for the most part and observed shorter crank times.

@SXTurbo: Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely have to check that out sometime.

@staax: Thank you!

@Assassinazn: Alright! Good deal, gives me something to do on sunday. I'll be there! Seattle is about an hour away from where I live just driving down I5.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good deal. It's in Federal Way just google Springfest 2018 or google Wlid Waves. Also it's closer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts