Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried running Royal Purple in their SX? As far as my understanding goes, it has a stupid high phosphorus count that improves (or rather protects) engine wear , as well as being used in like race cars and stuff.

Would this be as good as other oils for preventing LSPI incidences, or should we still use the Penzoil Ultra Platinum?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Until my last oil change all I used was royal purple. I personally like the stuff better than the rotella t6 I have now. I just wanted to see what the difference would be. I know when I changed the royal purple at 5500 miles (was poor don't judge) i was still able to see a gold hue in it. I know it's purple but I guess it's just a dye that fades.

The reason why I use(d) it is because of it supposedly help prevent and in some cases fixed engine issue. I have t6 because the turbo loves it!
But personally between the 2 the engine doesn't seem to run any differently then the other. I am only using the 6th intake and a exhaust everything is still stock.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Has anyone tried running Royal Purple in their SX? As far as my understanding goes, it has a stupid high phosphorus count that improves (or rather protects) engine wear , as well as being used in like race cars and stuff.

Would this be as good as other oils for preventing LSPI incidences, or should we still use the Penzoil Ultra Platinum?
RP was my first choice and used for the first 3 changes. Then I tried the Penzoil Ultra Platinum twice and then went to T6 5W40. Now I got a really good deal on the Ultra I am going back ($4 a qt and a $2 a qt rebate = $2 a qt for Penz Ultra Plat... Hell ya). Plus the Penz Ultra Plat does have the ACEA A5-B5 rating we are supposed to use, Royal Purple does not.

Doing my 11th change as of right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Right now I'm using the dealership stuff wish is the total brand 5w 30 and is working good no issues might try the pennzoil ultra next oil change

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, its been a while and I have put T6 in my car for the first change, because its darn near impossible to find PUP in Canada. I am going to go to my local dodge dealership to see if they can sell it to me for a reasonable price, because they are the closest dealer of PUP :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
RP is garbage . Use Pensoil or amsoil . which ever works with your budget

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ive seen in multiple places that the RP formula changed some years ago and isn't as good as it used to be.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Fyi you want your oil dirty at the oil change........ That means it's holding contaminents

Reactions: Forte5
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.