Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to summer approaching, I think we should toss some pics of the ambient air temp and IAT temps. See how these cars do this summer. Watch Speedometer Gauge Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gas Font Auto part Display device

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
It was 94 here today and my iat was 102-104.

Your iat is super hot. Do you have a vac block for the Guage or taped into the line above the tb?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That direct fr the ecu.... Its an interseptor gauge. Went up to 135... And it's not the 119 degree average ambient temp yet

Howeverrr, I got a 6th element intake sitting in the other room :D

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Get the intake on and do the tb coolant bypass and open the exhaust up and Temps will come down. My avg on a 95-99 day is about 105-110

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I had mine modded the next day lol. I put on a injen cai for a VT and did the bypass. You will notice a big difference with the intake

·
Registered
209 Posts
^ This. I'm learning fast that CAI/RES Delete/Hotpipe does wonders if you aren't goiNg FMIC route. Its important to keep the temps down on this car, once they get hot power suffers bad.

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Doing a new hotpipe will help with spool and the hesitation. It also will help the turbo to breath better.

Also what I did was pull the rubber molding off of the cowl where the wipers are and that gives a little gap for the hot air to escape. It doesn't do massive wonders but anything helps to get heat out

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Hotpipe comes off the turbo and connects to the i.c

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhhh okay. this is why i was concernacist when i saw no fan on the ic. idk of anyone on here has a diesel truck, if you do, notice that the ic has a fan. either pulling through the ic, condenser, and radiator. or it may have a stand alone fan. they did this to lower iat in order to lower egts. thats why i asked if mr Korean guy forgot my fan.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Nope cars don't need fans and they would cause les air to get through the i.c for us. My neighbor has a diesel truck and the i.c is in front of the radiator and the fans are for the radiator from how I understand it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
12.6° difference isn't to bad after driving for 20 min

Light Font Astronomical object Line Science

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Geezz 156? Is that just crusing or stand still? We reached 98 here and my Temps only got to 120

·
Registered
209 Posts
That 6th Intake you put on? Was that a Short Ram or a Full Cold Air? Without a FMIC in that kind of heat... Short Rams will kill you. (I would think)

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yeah in that heat a Sri would kill it. I am running a cai. I even cut a few slots in my fender liner to help with the air getting to the intake. It may get dirty faster but I don't mind lol easy cleaning

1 - 20 of 134 Posts