Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the dimensions of the subframe collars?
Inside diameter, outside diameter, length, etc

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks, I'm looking to do those collars and a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to get the actual dimensions so I could just order the hardware itself rather than get "subframe collars". You can get that type of washer or bushing or whatever they are called for pretty cheap.

But, then I started talking to Josh at KDMTuners about suspension setups and tightening up my steering and he said I would be better off with a 2-point brace than with subframe collars. From their testing they didn't think the collars were even effective enough to sell. So, I went with the brace. The steering now feels much better. The only issue is I lost a little ground clearance.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did you buy the brace from KDM? What about a rear sway bar?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I got my rear torsion bar from kdmtuners and my 2 point brace from pierce.
kdmtuners, evilla, and pierce all work together from my understanding and are all located in the same area. So I don't know if those parts are any different.
My Evilla rear torsion bar came with a pierce sticker... lol

If you aren't a current kdmtuners subscriber I can send you a referral code and I think you should get $5 in store credit with them.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great info and thanks for the referral! I'm about as far as I want to go w power add on stuff for this my daily driver. Now I want to improve handling and stability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts