Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know the stock tires are pretty much garbage, but finances dictate I use them as long as I can...

I moved to cold climate from Florida back in October and since I've moved I'm seeing my tires lose air like crazy. Nearly every other day I have at least one tire down 5-7 psi. Yesterday, I came out to my left rear tire being down at 15psi. The day before that my right front was down to 22psi. If it was just one tire, it would make more sense, but it's all of them bouncing around.

And yes, I know that cold temperatures will cause pressures to drop, but these pressure drops seem much higher than they should be. Any ideas?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Switch to nitrogen and run stock settings . Because if you do the winter fix you will prematurely run your tread down . So it's worth the 40$ plus tapping off would be free . I never have to tap mine off lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
Check the valve stems too, I heard one of my stock ones leaking after taking the dealer-set 42 psi to 35.

Actually the winters I run now I have a finicky valve stem... Need to use a pair of pliers to pull the needle out completely otherwise it doesn't sit properly.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The dealer told me one of mine leaks. They said I must have hit it on a curb or when I aired it up I bent it lol! Rim has no damage and I would have to push super hard to bend the stem. You can always spray soapy water on them and look for bubbles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.