Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know, do the US model Cerato/Forte's have the removable section in the stock intake snorkel? Popped mine off and got alittle more sound but none of the intense suction of a CAI.

·
Registered
534 Posts
What section are you referring to? I removed the section right before the turbo charge pipe cause it was a reducer which increased cold start noise but nothing else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 15 does not have that
Curious..

I'm starting to think the Cerato/Forte's intake isn't hampered anywhere near as much as the Velosters.

1; We don't have that maze of intake resonators.
2; None of those magnetic flappy doors inside the box.
3; AEM's dyno seems to show a significant difference between the two. 4hp peak gain for the Kia @ 3800rpm or something like that.
4; Very slightly larger filter.

No doubt that those 3.5 inch CAI's work, just maybe not as much as the Hyundai's'?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I know they said the ES filter was about 12% bigger than that on the veloster. When I had the forte and ES filter side by side I calculated only a difference of about 4 sq in in surface area which was about a 10% difference.

On the snorkel side mine just in from the car spot and directly down to the filter box.

In pics the longer filter is the one from my F5, the other is the ES. It did not fit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Not sure if 4 HP is a significant difference to be picked up by a dyno....

When I removed mine there was a lot of noise, quite loud I must say.

So what car do you have?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 15 forte5. A friend has the es sand that's where I got that airbox to try. But it would not fit sadly. My next step however is to redo the rest of the pipe with a larger 3.5 pipe. I've already removed the restrictor by the turbo. You can see it in the picture here on the car and then how restrictive the stock resonator I replaced is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the airbox you have CAN have that section removed? Can clearly see it in the first image you posted :)

What did you replace the restriction with before the cast turbo elbow?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think it was a 3.5" OD pipe and then the copper was a 3.5 to 2.5 I think. If have to double check that part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts