Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok so I prefer a flat bottom steering wheel. I was wondering is there a way I could get this steering wheel aftermarket from Kia or maybe another manufacturer? Any information is welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
I if you can get a person that lives in an area that they have the proceed gt . They can order straight from the dealer the new 2016 gt wheel . It has a flat bottom . I would love this wheel myself to own

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
For $20 with an angle grinder, I'll give ya a flat bottom steering wheel.

In all seriousness, dealer might be extremely expensive. I don't think that Socal one would work even if you could replace the buttons, the shape doesn't look like the Kias.

Try car-part.com... Maybe search local wreckers? Probably a long shot but ya never know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I if you can get a person that lives in an area that they have the proceed gt . They can order straight from the dealer the new 2016 gt wheel . It has a flat bottom . I would love this wheel myself to own
I live in the states so I wouldn't be able to go that route but thanks though. It's a really nice wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For $20 with an angle grinder, I'll give ya a flat bottom steering wheel.

In all seriousness, dealer might be extremely expensive. I don't think that Socal one would work even if you could replace the buttons, the shape doesn't look like the Kias.

Try car-part.com... Maybe search local wreckers? Probably a long shot but ya never know.
Yeah I was thinking about checking local wreckers but its be a miracle to find one still in good condition. And I'll look into that website. Thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SoCal has the carbon edition for sale, but it's for Hyundai, https://scgarageworks.com/product/carbon-fiber-steering-wheel/

Buttons are different but maybe it's compatible. And a dude on the Velosterturbo forum just installed it.

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12901
That wheel looks really nice. It sucks I'm not a DIY person cause idk how much I'd pay someone to install that for me. Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
981 Posts
2015 Kia Optima has a flat bottom steering wheel
Might make it easier to find. 2015 Optima leather wrapped steering wheel.jpg
Cost is around $750 plus the price of the airbag to match (from Dealer)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2015 Kia Optima has a flat bottom steering wheel
Might make it easier to find. View attachment 1613
Cost is around $750 plus the price of the airbag to match (from Dealer)
Thank you. I'll definitely ask a local dealer on how that goes. Idk what it is about a flat bottom steering wheel. Something that just gets my attention.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, that's one more thing that would make the Forte5 even more GTI like. The steering wheel in my old GTI was one of my favorite features of the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, that's one more thing that would make the Forte5 even more GTI like. The steering wheel in my old GTI was one of my favorite features of the car.
I love the new VW Golf steering wheels. And having this on the Forte5 would make it more sporty for sure.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well aparently the steering wheel style will be in all new models . So the forte is getting the same wheel but without the flat bottom , but the sportage will. Have the flat bottom . So you can only hope and wait the SX forte will get the flat bottom wheel . But still possibly the same cost as the optima wheel and airbag

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well aparently the steering wheel style will be in all new models . So the forte is getting the same wheel but without the flat bottom , but the sportage will. Have the flat bottom . So you can only hope and wait the SX forte will get the flat bottom wheel . But still possibly the same cost as the optima wheel and airbag
I don't understand why the Forte5 wouldn't get the flat bottom steering wheel. It makes the interior look better in my opinion.

·
Registered
534 Posts
All we need is the frame, it for some one to bend ours with me plastic pieces.

If it's the same wheel as the optima though, my wife's 2015 has two differences in buttons. One is no steering button and the other is the options has a page up and down toggle.. The forte just has a page button. That was the predominant differences I noticed anyway

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i sat in a vw a few years ago with a flat bottom steering wheel, it felt nice and racey... would be nice to have that in the forte... i love "oem" upgrades... i wish there was a set of lighter weight 17" kia or hyundai wheels out there....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah wheel and air bag will easily cost you over $1500, easily. That's why repairs are so expensive when an accident where airbags are deployed. They're pretty much a write off.

I've seen one cool alcantara wheels/seats, but these mods are so costly and could get you in trouble with your insurer.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
alcantra flat bottom steering wheel would be really nice

·
Registered
468 Posts
I want the proceed gt wheel.. I would love the dash set up too but that never going to happen..
wheel.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts