Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well I finally took delivery of my 2016 Forte5 in Snow White Pearl! I'm from Ottawa, Canada and its my first drive-by-wire manual so I have to admit I haven't yet mastered 1st... gimme a week and I'll get it down. Coming from a 2012 Mazda 3, and the Forte5 pretty much beats it in every aspect other than the steering, but I have no plans to track this beast or anything like that so I cant complain. Still a beautiful car at an attractive price all while delivering smiles as I sit in the driver seat. Anyway, glad to be a part of this community.

As far as mods go, I'm really only looking at some 20% window tint, 4300K HIDS, catch can (probably wait till after winter since I'm still leery about running one in the cold), and some sort of improved audio system. I do enjoy modding car audio but will probably keep the stock HU considering its brand new and run a line out converter to power an amp and sub combo. And since the Forte5 doesn't come stock with a spare, it only makes sense to rig up another false floor like I did for my Mazda. If you're interested, you can check it out here:
staax's False Floor

I'll put a little more effort in the Forte however ;)

OH: Side note - how the hell do you change the CLIMATE control from Farenheit to Celsius? I found out how to change the clock by holding H + M for 3 seconds... that was nicely labelled in my "Forte Features" booklet, but nothing is listed for the climate control section. I googled online and for the old Fortes all you need to do is hold the Auto and OFF buttons for 3 seconds - but that didn't work. I will admit I haven't combed through the users manual yet, but if someone knows and could point that out I'd appreciate it!

Anyway, here's a few quick crappy pics in the dark, rainy night *DISCLAIMER: I can't take them fancy photos if my life depended on it*

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Nice 5. Welcome to the forum and the rare manual club

·
Registered
535 Posts
That is a badass false floor in your mazda! I am definitely anticipating your write up for the F5.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all!

I'm considering some mud flaps, especially after seeing how much dirt and stones just loved the rockers on my Mazda.

Trying not to spend so much on personalizing it right away because the wife wouldn't take too kindly to it :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Reactions: staax

·
Registered
458 Posts
For the climate control...
Just press & hold the 'Off' button then press 'auto' and hold for 3 secs. Think this is what you tried, worked in my 2014 SX Premium / Lux, so should work in later model cars too. Have a peek at this video too:
I have a 2016 forte5 SX-L and this works.. Just tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: staax

·
Registered
580 Posts
Awesome ! welcome I too just got a 2016 F5 great car !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.