·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes it fits,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Does anyone know if the injen SRI for the veloster will fit the 2015 forte5 sx? I know we have some intakes that are for the sx but i havent seen one to retain the hook up of the bpv .
the bypass valve hose having it or not makes no difference for you, FYI :)

We don't include it to reduce the cost of the product.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Only other Sri worth getting that is 3.5 Sri with all the available fittings is the 845motorsports .
The 6th though makes the most power and is the lightest . I've had all 3 3.5" intakes in hand .

·
Registered
445 Posts
I do like the 6th Element intake I have. I got it used from a friend of a friend, and it is the CAI. Its loud but makes some decent HP increase.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I actually love mine . But yes it's loud lol . I think it's because it's soo thin. I'm going to try to find someone local that could ceramic coat it internally . I know some places offer that as an option and I'm thinking it will smooth the flow and add some girth to the walls of the tubing . The 845 is quiet but not a CAI and after talking to Kyle he's not planing to make one

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
@6th element i realize it really doesnt matter just wanted to stay carb compliant . Inspections in MA can be a real pain! That said your intake is the hottest set up out there
What CARB rules designate a blow off valve has to be recirculated?

I would assume that if you had no check engine light and the car passed the sniff test you'd be ok?

·
Registered
981 Posts
There is none that I could find, but you get those know it all guys that know nothing about what it is and see a hose disconnected and want to say it is an emissions problem during inspections. Cure for that would be get a front mount intercooler. Only parts on this car that are considered emissions or required to be CARB compliant is factory down pipe for the cat, vapor canister and purge solenoid for the fuel system and the breather line from the intake tube to the valve cover (which is on the 6thEE intake).

I only say the factory DP because CARB does specify that a replacement cat has to be similar and be listed as a replacement for the specific vehicle, ours are not replaceable with an aftermarket weld in cat so there are none listed..

During normal operation the breather tube to the intake is an inlet for air into the crankcase so the PCV does not pull a vacuum and draw dirt and contaminants into the seals.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Everything here in Cali has to have a carb sticker. All the upgrades I have are considered illegal out here but the cops really don't mind unless your being a dick. I have even thought about making my exhaust even quieter just so I don't attract attention lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
Everything here in Cali has to have a carb sticker. All the upgrades I have are considered illegal out here but the cops really don't mind unless your being a dick. I have even thought about making my exhaust even quieter just so I don't attract attention lol
That is why everything says Legal in 49 States, nobody wants to try and please California if it was possible. I would almost suspect Cali cars to even have a different factory tune than other states. When I was looking at ECUs online they listed 2, 1 was for Cali but the part number on the ECU was still the same so I could only think the tune was different.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That is why everything says Legal in 49 States, nobody wants to try and please California if it was possible. I would almost suspect Cali cars to even have a different factory tune than other states. When I was looking at ECUs online they listed 2, 1 was for Cali but the part number on the ECU was still the same so I could only think the tune was different.
I think the tune is different also. I think Cali gets dumped down cars big time because of the B.S emissions laws here. Wish they were more relaxed on it here.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My mom's 2011 forte has a completely different head to please California, hers is like one of a very few... Her mpg sucks and everything lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Does anyone know if the injen SRI for the veloster will fit the 2015 forte5 sx? I know we have some intakes that are for the sx but i havent seen one to retain the hook up of the bpv .
yes, even the AEM one fits

·
Registered
458 Posts
Does either the SRI or CAI produce a difference in the butt dyno? I know that's highly subjective though. Anyone in cold, rainy weather running the CAI? I read that there should be a safeguards to protect it from flooding.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does either the SRI or CAI produce a difference in the butt dyno? I know that's highly subjective though. Anyone in cold, rainy weather running the CAI? I read that there should be a safeguards to protect it from flooding.
I've seen some sheets here and there from a few different companies that make them. I've currently got the 6th Element SRI and that was the first mod I did other than window tint and speaker upgrades, but after I put it on and drove it "responsibly" for the first 50 miles or so, it opened up pretty good. Breather a lot better. They claim with actual dyno sheets of gains with the CAI of about 9whp and 5ft lbs torque. Then with the SRI roughly 7whp and 4ft lbs torque. Now given that altitudes, elevations, and humidity levels will vary on your location. These were done in Georgia. So you may experience better numbers depending on where you live.

·
Registered
981 Posts
And of course the best protection against water when running a CAI is avoid deep puddles.

·
Registered
458 Posts
And of course the best protection against water when running a CAI is avoid deep puddles.
Well you're in Florida you would know all bout deep puddles. I"m in Toronto and a few years ago some guy in a Ferrari 458 went through a huge puddle and just left his car there. We NEVER get floods so this was crazy. We're starting to get wacky weather more and more.

wet_ferrari.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

EDIT It was *only* Ferrari California. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts