Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
301 - 308 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Old blind guy here, I just see where it says naturally aspirated on the hyundai chart. I just didn't want to take a chance on the Autolites w the NGK 1422 plugs being so inexpensive from Rockauto. If you read any of my posts you'll see I maintain the heck out of my car. It's kinda my hobby, I enjoy doing oil & filter changes to the point I drop the oil every 2k miles and change the filter every 4k miles. I change plugs every 25k miles, brakes are taken apart and cleaned and lubed every 6 months. I do the maintenance on all three of our cars pretty much the same way. Well, except for my wife's Honda Accord, she drives less than 5k miles a year.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just didn't want to take a chance on the Autolites w the NGK 1422 plugs being so inexpensive from Rockauto.
Same here. I actually have a set of gapped and never installed Autolites on my workbench. Even already owning a set, the NGK's are just cheap enough that I don't feel the need to take the risk.
The Autolites are probably ok. But, maybe not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just started getting misfire on my car, rough idle at cold start for a few weeks until the infamous engine light came on. Once warmed up, it seems to run ok. I have booked appointment with KIA this week, but I've been looking a possible causes.

P0300 - “Random or Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected.”
P0302 - "Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected"

I haven't replaced the plugs yet, and I'm at 70000km. So my first thought was swapping those out. Was able to source 4 x NGK LKR6BHX-E (93763) 0.32" Gap - Ruthenium Spark Plugs... but I don't see anybody on here using them, any reasons why? or are they just newer type plugs?

Anyways, I'm looking for input on them :)

** I will be moving ignition coil from cylinder #2 to another, to try and pin point the actual cause if plugs don't help. **

Thanks

Reactions: jw.finkler

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found this handy chart from Autolite. I'm running the 5703 on my mostly stock (k&n drop in, SXTH element LEM) '18 5SX. So far they're performing just fine.

Really would love the GFB BOV I ordered from 845 in early April to get here, but no word at all on what happened to the order. Want to go one step colder.

Does anyone know how the heat range on the Autolite XP corresponds to the NGKs? Eg the 1422?

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
I had 5702 I think, or maybe 5703.
They were great!
For the first few hundred miles... then heavy misfire.
I do not recall - maybe you can find it here - what happened, but I had to toss them. I think mine dropped the insulator on the electrode.

Then I had the HKS. Expensive, but no problem at all. That was after I got the tune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had 5702 I think, or maybe 5703.
They were great!
For the first few hundred miles... then heavy misfire.
I do not recall - maybe you can find it here - what happened, but I had to toss them. I think mine dropped the insulator on the electrode.

Then I had the HKS. Expensive, but no problem at all. That was after I got the tune.
Yeah I remember reading that. Fingers crossed they've fixed that issue. I'll keep you posted.

301 - 308 of 308 Posts