Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

301 - 304 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Old blind guy here, I just see where it says naturally aspirated on the hyundai chart. I just didn't want to take a chance on the Autolites w the NGK 1422 plugs being so inexpensive from Rockauto. If you read any of my posts you'll see I maintain the heck out of my car. It's kinda my hobby, I enjoy doing oil & filter changes to the point I drop the oil every 2k miles and change the filter every 4k miles. I change plugs every 25k miles, brakes are taken apart and cleaned and lubed every 6 months. I do the maintenance on all three of our cars pretty much the same way. Well, except for my wife's Honda Accord, she drives less than 5k miles a year.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just didn't want to take a chance on the Autolites w the NGK 1422 plugs being so inexpensive from Rockauto.
Same here. I actually have a set of gapped and never installed Autolites on my workbench. Even already owning a set, the NGK's are just cheap enough that I don't feel the need to take the risk.
The Autolites are probably ok. But, maybe not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just started getting misfire on my car, rough idle at cold start for a few weeks until the infamous engine light came on. Once warmed up, it seems to run ok. I have booked appointment with KIA this week, but I've been looking a possible causes.

P0300 - “Random or Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected.”
P0302 - "Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected"

I haven't replaced the plugs yet, and I'm at 70000km. So my first thought was swapping those out. Was able to source 4 x NGK LKR6BHX-E (93763) 0.32" Gap - Ruthenium Spark Plugs... but I don't see anybody on here using them, any reasons why? or are they just newer type plugs?

Anyways, I'm looking for input on them :)

** I will be moving ignition coil from cylinder #2 to another, to try and pin point the actual cause if plugs don't help. **

Thanks

Reactions: jw.finkler

·
Registered
238 Posts
perhaps, stay with the NGK 1422's. I have over 25k miles on my current 1422's and their still working fine. I'll change them at 30k miles just to be safe.

301 - 304 of 304 Posts