Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
There are NGK SILZKR7E8EG. Overall 4 pieces. :)

I just checked gaps - they are OK.
I am confused though - the ceramic is pure white (like it was too hot) and the negative (grounding) electrode a bit shiny (too hot again), but the thread ring is covered with soot.

I could not find heat index for them.
NGK site lacks information about it.

EDIT.
It is 2016 MY, build date August-2015.

·
Registered
400 Posts
There are NGK SILZKR7E8EG. Overall 4 pieces. :)

I just checked gaps - they are OK.
I am confused though - the ceramic is pure white (like it was too hot) and the negative (grounding) electrode a bit shiny (too hot again), but the thread ring is covered with soot.

I could not find heat index for them.
NGK site lacks information about it.
Thank you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Has anyone tried the new SILZKR8E9G plugs? Part # 18849-09085.
No. Still stock I haven't even pulled / check them yet.
Car is running smooth.

·
Registered
458 Posts
No. Still stock I haven't even pulled / check them yet.
Car is running smooth.
Haven’t. I’m running HKS M45XL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Has anyone tried the new SILZKR8E9G plugs? Part # 18849-09085.
I was curious because it appears these are now the stock plugs on the 17 and newer 1.6T motors. I found these plugs for about $50.00 a set and It looks like they are heat range 8 compared to the heat range 7's in my 16. I was going to get a set of the M40XL's but at $125.00 a set I am going to just get a set of these plugs instead for $50.00.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was curious because it appears these are now the stock plugs on the 17 and newer 1.6T motors. I found these plugs for about $50.00 a set and It looks like they are heat range 8 compared to the heat range 7's in my 16. I was going to get a set of the M40XL's but at $125.00 a set I am going to just get a set of these plugs instead for $50.00.
I have them in my '16, no problems, no difference in feel. Been like 6000km, havent checked them since

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well I think it's time to change the plugs (25K).
I was going to buy NGK 9723.
Time to do Trans and Oil too. lol
Anyone think different or run these plugs now?
LMK.
Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I think it's time to change the plugs (25K).
I was going to buy NGK 9723.
Time to do Trans and Oil too. lol
Anyone think different or run these plugs now?
LMK.
Thanks
What number plugs are in the motor now?

·
Registered
400 Posts
What number plugs are in the motor now?
I don't know. I never pulled them to look. I figure if I do that might as well replacement them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is the NGK 9723 listed for your car?
The only 2 I see listed is 91568 and 9723. So I thought go one step colder maybe?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So I thought go one step colder maybe?
Are you experiencing any of the too hot spark plug symptoms? Such as drop in power in WOT or pinging/knocking like noise under load?
If not, no need to.

You see, the spark plug must be cold enough to not preignite, but must be hot enough to not foul (in other words - to clean itself).
There is some balance between these two.
If you drive your car hard quite often - then you could go with colder. Otherwise - you may end up with more problems, like rough idle, problem to start on cold, and overall poorer performance.
If they are not expensive to you - worth a shot, I'd say.

Reactions: drc69 and SXTurbo

·
Registered
400 Posts
Are you experiencing any of the too hot spark plug symptoms? Such as drop in power in WOT or pinging/knocking like noise under load?
If not, no need to.

You see, the spark plug must be cold enough to not preignite, but must be hot enough to not foul (in other words - to clean itself).
There is some balance between these two.
If you drive your car hard quite often - then you could go with colder. Otherwise - you may end up with more problems, like rough idle, problem to start on cold, and overall poorer performance.
If they are not expensive to you - worth a shot, I'd say.
Thank you for the info / help. Maybe I'll just wait until spring time. Still have other maintenance to do.
Car is running pretty good, so I'll wait.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking at the NGK 1422's and noticed alot of you guys in the forum getting 4 plugs for $40 (ebay/amazon) whereas as my local parts store is selling these for $21.00/each plug. We all know the saying "if it's too good to be true....it probably is". Anyone have a reputable seller or link that isn't selling fake NGK plugs?

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I read too many stories of the Autolite plugs failing that it stopped me from trying them. The 105k mile interval is for the NA motors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I read thru 30 pages on this thread but Forte5 OP/Mod says his are still going strong. I'm also from So. Calif and feel that with a proper warmup time there shouldn't be an issue with the 5702's. I'm not saying they wont fail, but I will try to keep a close eye on them.

Concerning the part numbers on the NGK site....You mentioned NA but if you look at my picture it says 1.6T on the VT selection.

281 - 300 of 304 Posts