Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was going to buy (2x) ADD W1 catch can v.2 and I know they come with ugly hoses, so I went to check some other ones.. I was thinking of getting a braided hose with clamps installed... and so I was wondering if the NOS hoses with clamps would work and I would only need the -6an 10mm fitments.... would you guys suggest regular 3/8 hoses from autozone or advance auto parts or get
This fitment https://www.google.com/search?q=Alu...1&ved=0ahUKEwjs-Pz-6_HJAhVLOSYKHUi0Ag4QmDgIZQ
Just the fitments not from this website just for reference

·
Registered
580 Posts
Summit racing sells everything you need to do real braded lines with AN fittings . I have a add W1 too and I'm later going to get the braded setup

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Summit racing sells everything you need to do real braded lines with AN fittings . I have a add W1 too and I'm later going to get the braded setup
Including the ADD W1 or the would be separate

·
Registered
981 Posts
Really depends on what you want the hoses to look like when you are done. As long as the hose you use is rated for fuel and oil they will work fine and that seems to be the type valve most are going including myself.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really depends on what you want the hoses to look like when you are done. As long as the hose you use is rated for fuel and oil they will work fine and that seems to be the type valve most are going including myself.
IMO I think the braided lines are stronger than those of autozone or advance auto..... also I just want to make sure the hoses of the car are 3/8 so I don't buy the fittings wrong when the catch can are here or when I'm half way thru the job

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I would need
(4x) -6an>10mm fitment,
(4x) braided fuel hose ~6ft
(2x) rubber fuel hose ~ 5ft
(2x) 1/4 npt fitment

This is the stuff I would need with ADD W1.... total cost would be 300+
So I would rather get the 6th EE dual catch can for like $400+ ?? Everything would be included

·
Registered
981 Posts
IMO I think the braided lines are stronger than those of autozone or advance auto..... also I just want to make sure the hoses of the car are 3/8 so I don't buy the fittings wrong when the catch can are here or when I'm half way thru the job
The PCV is actually a 5/16" hose but it isn't to hard to get the 3/8" one way valve to squeeze in.
Yes the braided lines are stronger but there really is no need since any pressure will be stopped at the valve and will never see the lines going to the catch can. The worst thing they see is peak vacuum at an idle so that is why I say its more to what you want for looks.

Also I agree by the time you buy the cans, hoses and fittings then do all the install and fabing the bracket you will have wished you just bought the kit unless you just really enjoy the DIY route.

Reactions: Caezar
1 - 7 of 7 Posts