Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I'll be purchasing a 2016 Forte 5 SX graphite steel, automatic with tech package and remote start. I'm a USAA member, will be PCSing to LA this month. Unfortunately LA's dealerships don't offer pre-orders and they're giving me this excuse saying how they don't do pre-orders.

My savings certificated got 5-6K off MSRP with options but Kia Cerritos is saying I need to pay $25730.50 OTD saying how they have dealership installed options and I would have to pay 8-9% county tax on top.

What do you guys think and how much did you guys pay in California/LA?

Looking forward to becoming a new member!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I haven't been able to actually put money down on the car yet, these dealerships are saying that I would have to walk in to finalize the deal. And I feel like they're trying to pull a fast one on me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'd look at paperwork, and make sure you have, in writing, that if the car is not 100% what you want (aka what they are saying it is) when it gets there (if it's not already), then you get any and all money you put down back. Try to secure a vin, color code, etc so we can possibly see what we find
I paid $23000 for mine and it was new, but a year old. The dealer options are prob floor mats etc... Usually they can be removed
Also, mines an auto with the basic sx package and I don't live in comifornia, I'm in AZ, forte5 lives in cali though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kia of Cerritos at LA wanted me to pay 26K OTD for a fully loaded SX with remote start and their dealership installed options (said it was worth $1,500 in spare tire, floor mats, mud guards) etc. I said I didn't want those options in the first place and asked them to pre-order one that had the EXACT stuff I wanted.

·
Registered
481 Posts
.... I don't know there is such a thing as "pre-order"
Used to be kia gave the dealerships what they thought they needed... I could be wrong

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're exactly right, the dealership tells Kia what they need within the month and get they it to them. Doesn't seem like any dealership is helping me out though.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I am in socal and got mine for 22k and it's fully loaded but I didn't want the remote start. I went through all star Kia in pomona

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in socal and got mine for 22k and it's fully loaded but I didn't want the remote start. I went through all star Kia in pomona
Oh shit really? USAA didn't list them as a certified dealer but I'm definitely gonna go through them. What did you do to get it down to 22K OTD? Brand new?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Car is brand new and have gone to them a few times for cars and have always been taken care of. Mine was just a little over 22k I think otd. Would have to look again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Car is brand new and have gone to them a few times for cars and have always been taken care of. Mine was just a little over 22k I think otd. Would have to look again
Lmao, this is out of the blue but if you could would you come with me? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Lol I haven't been there in over a year. Ask for Frank. He was my sales guy and was really good with me. They would freak seeing the car now lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Nice. I will be back from training for my job on the 1st. Just pm me when you want to go and I will see if I can meet you there

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. I will be back from training for my job on the 1st. Just pm me when you want to go and I will see if I can meet you there
Oh shit nice! Thanks man! Where in SoCa are you? I'll have a rental by then so I can pick you up. PM me your details. I'll also be going to Kia of DTLA, Kia Cerritos and Kia Alhambra as I've got them as USAA certified dealers too.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
For sure! I could just meet you there and take my car and let my sales guy see it now lol. That's if he is still there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts