Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not too sure if anyone else has saw, but I went up on Kia to make a payment and saw they are introducing the new 2016 Forte's and Optimas. The Optima will come in 4 trims/packages. A LX base, a LX Turbo (1.6 L) an SX and SX Luxury both Turbo. Of course the previous Optima turbos made more power than the Koups and Sedans. The LX (1.6T) Turbo Optima will only make 173-hp and thats with a turbo. I love the face that our Koups will be faster out the door than an Optima Turbo lol. That outta stir the pot a little in the Kia community!

·
Registered
580 Posts
It has less power but it's getting the same numbers our manuals are getting . They put a 7 speed DCT transmission in it . From what I was told its a nice trans but sucks at holding power . So the lesser power motor just made a balance and good package . Those thinking it's cheaper and deciding to follow us forte and VT guys trying to make more power at less cost of platform will show if the new trans is worthy .

Reactions: BigVin1770

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Optima 1.6L has been detuned for fuel efficiency. I was curious if someone is going to get one and get it tuned.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Reminds me of that Jetta 1.4t turbo that gets 40 mpg but is way detuned

·
Registered
633 Posts
I haven't been following anything new by Kia, but I thought the new Optima was supposed to get a new 2.0T?

Or has that changed a while ago and I just haven't been following haha...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I read somewhere on autoblog that by 2018ish 70% of cars being sold will have a small displacement motor with a turbo...... So this is probably showing truth in that article

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The SX and SX Luxury Trim will get the 2.0T
They're making a 1.6T LX Trim that will make less power than the Forte Turbo and of course the 2.0T Optima. I read into it a little more and they brought up big points about the girl economy and how it's gonna be detuned. Didn't catch that the first time around while reading. It'll still be near to see someone get the 1.6T Optima and see what they do with tuning and performance upgrades.

·
Registered
580 Posts
They still have the other motors 2.4 2.0t the hybrid electric/gas and the new 1.6t was added . The 2.0t was detuned to 245 though . So everyone's not really happy about that but the mpg went up .

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Just means that the new optima we will be able to pass easier! LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got that right!!! @Forte5 It'll be interesting to see a match up. I'd love to line up next to one for the sake of "science" jsut to see what happens haha

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think torque congress on quicker on the new 2.0 though. Congress on at 1350 like out cars if I read right. Older ones came on at 1800.

Wife has a 15 and thanks to hearing on my 15 forte, there is really not much difference from a dig. From highway there is the optima lower gearing builds back pressure and make that thing pull.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts