Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I can't find those, or they are really missing.

1. Is there a way to add "my ride"? Sure, we assume we are all Forte Turbo, but it is not always the case. If there is a thread with a problem to solve, seeing OP driving this or that would help to help.
2. Mention tag
3. Why there is Member # twice in profile?

And some other things that will come to my mind...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well for #1 anyway most just have a signature line setup in the profile that lists the car and mods.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another thing I find very annoying.

Search terms: any short 3 letter term is not acceptable.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:

Lets list them:
OIL
LED
BOV
HID
SRI
CAI
ECU
BCM
PCM
MPG
AFR
GTI
HOP (in wheel hop)

and I guess we could come up with many more.

Any comments from mods or Admin?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Are you trying to add the my ride in your avatar area? Most put what they are driving in signature or in their profile. As for the search a lot of forums are like that. I am on or use to belong to that have the same messed up search feature.

To get the ride part added to the avatar would be NickJ. He is the administration here and if he wanted to add it her could but I find putting it in your profile or sig is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Are you trying to add the my ride in your avatar area? Most put what they are driving in signature or in their profile.
Exactly what I am asking. I just got used to it.
See here:
Open the power sliding doors in drive, - Kia Forum

I am fine with signature ride info, although it is not so organized then as folks put their info in many ways.

As for the search a lot of forums are like that. I am on or use to belong to that have the same messed up search feature.
I know how you feel. Some time ago there was some changed implemented and anything 3 symbols and less was not recognised as a search phrase. However, some forums got it fixed.
I can use 3 letters search phrase in kia-forums, forteforums, but not hyundai-forums... so I am not sure whether it is related to owner of the forum (although forte, kia, and hyundai all belong to Autoguide - I am not sure here) or software used to manage it.

I would be more into search than avatar ride - if it was up to me.
Again, search would help a lot.
How can I find anything about for examples "BOV rupture" - it will search for rupture only, or "LED turn signals" - it will look for turn signals instead...

As for "mention" tag.
Some forums started using it using same pattern as quote, except instead of {QUOTE} wrap {/QUOTE} you have wrap {MENTION}USER_NAME{/MENTION}.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Piotr

·
Registered
524 Posts
They're all using the relatively common vbulletin software. Just a matter of different plugins and versions. And of course development and testing to be sure loading those plugins doesn't break something else.

The 3 letter limit is pretty standard. It's a server protection. Can easily overload a server if you allow that and a denial of service attack hits. You can always use google to get around it though.
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=oil+site:www.forteturbo.org

1 - 6 of 6 Posts