Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting at least 3 of them a week in the mail. The Forte trial expires in Jan. And still trying to sell us on the RAV4(which I swapped the stock deck out of for a non-XM) and my old Subaru that I sold. No way the service is worth $15/mo. I would consider it at maybe $3/mo but don't know if it's possible to negotiate that low and not really interested in even trying for that due to what I hear about how hard it is to cancel.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
It's not hard to cancel at all. I have 4 radios on Sirius and love it. I listen to it more then regular fm. Sirius also gives me a deal because I have been with them for 12yrs now. If you call you can usually get good deals or specials.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just keep saying your not interested cause it costs to much when the calls start coming daily and once they start dropping the price do what I did. Told them I would give them $100 for 3 yrs of service or they needed to stop calling my phone period end of story and they said yes. Well worth $2.75 a month to not get solicitors calling over and over lol.

·
Registered
633 Posts
They called me twice in a day, left no message. Didn't answer the call as I didn't recognize the number.

They called another two times, no message...

Next day, they call again, leave a msg breathing into my voicemail and hang up.

Did this for 2 weeks until I just started answering and hanging up the phone lol. I dont use XM at all, so I don't care. Haven't heard back from them since.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Think the only time I really use it is when we are on road trips so I don't have to keep searching for stations I want to listen to.

·
Registered
580 Posts
First they offer some outrageous price , then you let it turn off for a month then they offer 20$ for five months lol . I use to have it when it was a pay one for life time deal on one car or device . They offer a five year but the price will make you puke

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
times like this im glad that due to my profession its harder to get spam to me... now if hotmail would just start picking up more spam i would be golden

·
Registered
219 Posts
I remember the phone calls with no VM left. *very* annoying indeed, and I was very close to walking over to their office (same building as mine) and asking them if they'd like to leave a message from time to time :D Couldn't be bothered in the end. I did listen to XM now and then, but mainly used my iPhone for music, so I didn't feel the need to pay for a subscription.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah it was the breathing into the voicemail for about 5 seconds before they hung up that pissed me off. Just as if to make me have to go in and delete it.

They've stopped calling but if it went on any longer I would've called my carrier and blocked the number.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They keep sending me fliers and emails. I use google voice for my phone number unless I know you personally. It allows me to block numbers pretty easily, so I don't keep getting unwanted phone calls. Sirius, from my experience with the free 3 month trial, is really bad bitrate. I don't think it's even 96kbps. To my ears, it sounds horrible, and I let them know that when I first answered one of their solicitation calls. They sacrifice quality for quantity. I want good quality music, not a ton of talk stations.. Definitely not worth paying more than $2 a month for.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah there's only a few stations that I like. But usually by the time the free trial is over I've heard everything in their rotation. Then the next time they do another free trial it just repeats the process. By the time the trial runs out I've heard everything.

Quality seems good to me, just stock sound system in the Forte can't do much with it.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I use mine all the time. The most I use it is on long trips. Even some of the local stations around here are on Sirius so I just leave it on it all the time

·
Registered
162 Posts
I guess my ears notice the artifacting due to audio compression more than most. I DJ, and Sirius sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. If bitrate is lower than 196k I can easily tell. On my own stuff, if it's mp3, I only use 320kbps. Listen to the cymbal's and you'll hear it. I may have just ruined it for you though.. Lol

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I guess my ears notice the artifacting due to audio compression more than most. I DJ, and Sirius sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. If bitrate is lower than 196k I can easily tell. On my own stuff, if it's mp3, I only use 320kbps. Listen to the cymbal's and you'll hear it. I may have just ruined it for you though.. Lol
I Dj also and only a few certain stations sound like crap to me. I can usually tell when I don't have good signal because it does sound more compressed

·
Registered
981 Posts
Considering how old the technology is it should be free

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nah, I can't tell the difference between a 128k and a cd. But then I largely listen to punk which is just 3 chords heh. The more complex the music the more it would matter.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah I thought they didn't have my number. But the Grove City, Ohio number that has been calling my google voice and not leaving a message is them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts