Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I it's around 25 degrees outside and my windows froze, didn't go down to open the door nothing I got them working again didn't push the windows as it can damage the window motor! So what did you guys do or are doing for the windows to go down on its own . I just opened the door and pushed in the button to make it think the door is closed. And then I would roll down the window until it wasn't frozen.. I sadly open the door and hit the door and didn't even know the window was open and then I checked and that was the problem.. did that to the passenger side lol.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I it's around 25 degrees outside and my windows froze, didn't go down to open the door nothing I got them working again didn't push the windows as it can damage the window motor! So what did you guys do or are doing for the windows to go down on its own . I just opened the door and pushed in the button to make it think the door is closed. And then I would roll down the window until it wasn't frozen.. I sadly open the door and hit the door and didn't even know the window was open and then I checked and that was the problem.. did that to the passenger side lol.
I always watch to see if my window drops a little when I open my door. If it doesn't I take a thin piece of plastic and run along the bottom of the window to unstick it. Then I take some windshield deicer and squirt it along the bottom of the window. Seems to work for a long time.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Funny I should see this the same day after my window AND my parking brake froze.

Hadn't driven the car in 2 days and when I let the parking brake down to go I heard a loud POP and I was rolling... Heading to the coffee shop and window froze so I had to do the whole open the door shibang.

+1 for window deicer or washer fluid (just don't let the washer fluid sit on your paint, I've heard it's bad for it.)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Alcohol in a spray bottle . Eats through ice fast

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny I should see this the same day after my window AND my parking brake froze.

Hadn't driven the car in 2 days and when I let the parking brake down to go I heard a loud POP and I was rolling... Heading to the coffee shop and window froze so I had to do the whole open the door shibang.

+1 for window deicer or washer fluid (just don't let the washer fluid sit on your paint, I've heard it's bad for it.)
I always watch to see if my window drops a little when I open my door. If it doesn't I take a thin piece of plastic and run along the bottom of the window to unstick it. Then I take some windshield deicer and squirt it along the bottom of the window. Seems to work for a long time.
Alcohol in a spray bottle . Eats through ice fast
Nice I heard this happening on a 14 koups but not 15 guess they didn't fix it ... but thanks for info guys I heard alcohol and water .. but I will try the piece of plastic to unstuck the rubber from the windows and maybe carry I plastic bottle with me inside the car with me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.