Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know, this isy first car that wasn't a 0-60 in 10 second car but anyway I was cruising on the freeway the other night and thid x5 m variant got tired of riding my bumper which was congestion so I didn't move out of the left lane and from about 60mph this hit smashed his pedsl and his car violently came to life. he was cutting cars in and put like a ginsu knife. following him or her was an m4 or m3. Both sounded fucking sick and just bolted off like a lightning.

I was pretty mesmerized hoe fast those cars were. I wouldn't be surprised of they were tuned and pushing out 500+ hp.

Yeah. Very humbling experience. Makes me wish I had a powerful V8 shredding tires on the daily.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You know the old saying:
Speeds just a question of money, how fast do you wanna go?

·
Registered
827 Posts
With that V8 and price of those cars - don't forget much higher payments, larger down payments, more insurance money, more gas consumption, more expensive tires, pricier repair bills.............
Dont let your ego be involved with a car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Heh yeah, this is the slowest car I've owned in 16 years. There's always something faster out there.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm all fairness this car is really decent in it's price range/ class. And no the grass is not always cleaner on the other side. I gave up a Volvo XC90 v8 for this car. That sub would scoot. But after replacing the alt and starter at 500+ a piece before labor and the a/c on its last legs I was done. My F5 and wife's optima have less room than the SUVs we traded in (other being a pilot) it was worth the trade off and depreciation for no repair bills. Mind you we no longer can take just one vehicle. We no longer have a 300+ go v8 that seats 7. Instead we have working a/c and peace of mind. So don't sell your self short or your car.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The Forte 5 IS a fast car, but yes, consider the class of the car. It's a 'warm hatch' in every sense of the word. You're not going to be able to challenge a 5.o liter Mustang GT though. But keep in mind that he paid double/triple for his car. Now compare it to a Mazda 3, Volkswagon Golf, etc.. and you are much more competitive. There's a guy on the FB page that has made his a full-on race car and it looks amazing and probably goes like a bat out of hell, but he's modified heavily. The Mad Max quote always applies...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Scoobdude - well put "really decent in it's price range/ class". Once we have everyone onboard with the polyurethane kits, torsion bars, tires etc etc. We'll have completely competent handling at this price point without huge outlays of cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts