Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised no one has posted this up here yet. Just came out today. Kid who owns the car claims it's modded, and has 270hp to the wheels with a 0-60 of 5.6 seconds.. *sigh*

Dude has a pod filter hanging off the stock intake hose, and a custom exhaust, which is probably just muffler delete.

Basically Matt, the host, laughs at the kid, humors him, and says that the Ford Focus and Fiesta ST are better cars. That they are both faster.. Although I have not gone up against a Fiesta ST, I have raced, and beaten three Focus ST's..

I think one of us with an actually modded Forte turbo needs to contact the channel and set up a drive with Matt.

Reactions: ABYSSFORTESX

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
HAHAHAHA, well then.

On a side note, one of the big turbo 500 Abarths, as well as our shop mazdaspeed3 will be on the smoking tire here in a while. looking forward to those lol
Tyson

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am subscribed to this channel and I seen it first thing this morning and I have not posted about it cause that kid just flat out makes his self look like a dumb a** and I didn't want to talk trash if he was part of the community lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ummmmm okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
Think he meant to say it has 217 HP at the crank? lol Not going to pick on the intake setup, that's what I did the first week I had mine (possible 2-3 WHP) but I would never say it gave me 50 WHP. You can also tell from the sound of the exhaust it doesn't have a DP (everyone with a DP knows what I mean) so at best he has deleted the 2nd cat and resonator and something done axle back (maybe another 6-8 WHP) giving it an estimated 10-11 WHP over stock. Stock A/T is anywhere from 166-172ish WHP (depending on everything) so he should be about equal to what the M/T is stock.

What I did like is how it sounds, not a lot of drone but still audible in the car while driving. Reminds me of mine before the DP lol

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
They usually do their shoots near LA

About a week before the shoot I will send out an email with the exact location. The shoots generally start at 8 AM in the LA area (angeles forest, or malibu, or santa clarita)

Literally taken from an email i have from Matt himself.

Tyson

·
Registered
32 Posts
Matt will be bias AF smoking tire probably has something in the works with Ford they have a Fiesta ST project car and I could have sworn in one of his vids Matt mentioned having one(could be the project one don't quote me)
what a tough knock too, we won't win this battle - bias tester, young buck owner -_-

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I'm in SoCal too but it looks like they are farther down toward the San Diego area.

Instagram @darth_forte
They are at Azusa canyon. That's my canyon run area. I need to find this kid so I can talk to him about his car and take him for a ride in mine to show him whats up lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
They are at Azusa canyon. That's my canyon run area. I need to find this kid so I can talk to him about his car and take him for a ride in mine to show him whats up lol
don't wanna hate if he is on the forums lurking. but there definitely could've been a better vid and not a bias ass making vids. every vid i have watched of his he clearly doesn't know how to drive them. every car has its own feeling and the owners know when the car should rip. i have that same feeling with my car. i don't wanna start hating on the kid cause he knows his car is fast. but only he knows certain throttle position or etc at when the car pulls best just like we all know our own car. every time i let someone else drive my car car i have to tell them to get in a certain rpm or throttle level that i know works best. i saw this dude do a review of a gen 1 speed 3 that was making good power and i could tell that the owner wasn't pleased with how that guy was driving his car. that guy said himself in this vid that he just likes burning fuel. i know you live in cali though so that is why i had mentioned it would've been better for that **** head to drive your car rather than a dude with just a filter. point is, i lost all respect for this dude, and the kid didn't help us. but it does make us look better when people turn heads or see our tail lights lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I am not trying to hate on the kid at all. I would honestly like to meet him and talk to him about the car more so he can learn more about the car and I can show him the upgrades I have. I agree with you fully. The dude that is driving seems like a moron. He swears he knows cars but doesn't. I wouldn't mind taking him for a ride in my car once I have a few things finished

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am not trying to hate on the kid at all. I would honestly like to meet him and talk to him about the car more so he can learn more about the car and I can show him the upgrades I have. I agree with you fully. The dude that is driving seems like a moron. He swears he knows cars but doesn't. I wouldn't mind taking him for a ride in my car once I have a few things finished
+1 just annoyed with the comments that people left on that vid

·
Registered
458 Posts
don't wanna hate if he is on the forums lurking. but there definitely could've been a better vid and not a bias ass making vids. every vid i have watched of his he clearly doesn't know how to drive them. every car has its own feeling and the owners know when the car should rip. i have that same feeling with my car. i don't wanna start hating on the kid cause he knows his car is fast. but only he knows certain throttle position or etc at when the car pulls best just like we all know our own car. every time i let someone else drive my car car i have to tell them to get in a certain rpm or throttle level that i know works best. i saw this dude do a review of a gen 1 speed 3 that was making good power and i could tell that the owner wasn't pleased with how that guy was driving his car. that guy said himself in this vid that he just likes burning fuel. i know you live in cali though so that is why i had mentioned it would've been better for that **** head to drive your car rather than a dude with just a filter. point is, i lost all respect for this dude, and the kid didn't help us. but it does make us look better when people turn heads or see our tail lights lol
Matt Farah is a goof ball but I like his channel. I'm not an expert driver so I can't spot what he is doing right or wrong. I totally get your point about how certain RPM and throttle position will extract the maximum out of the car.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had some buffering issues so maybe I missed some parts but I didn't think the results were that bad. I don't like his interviews where he drives someone's car. I would rather what a comparison review of like vehicles.

·
Registered
981 Posts
He is bias towards the Fiesta ST as much as we are towards the Forte (5 or Koup SX) when in fact stock vs stock it would come down to driver error in a heads up race (1/4 mile). In cornering I would have to say the Fiesta ST would take the Forte only because of the 300lb of less weight and a more aggressively tuned suspension. Both of which are equipped with a torsion beam suspension and the Fiesta ST with a better set of factory tires than the Forte SX would also give it an edge. With just a few changes the Forte is a way much better option than the sardine can ST but hey I might just be a little bias myself.

Reactions: GotBoost?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Everyone who drives the Fiesta st seems to love it.
It's just too small for me. For the money if all you want is performance buy a miata or a mustang.
Im sure we all had plenty of other thing we considered in our purchases. But the fact that some car mags have timed our car just a few ticks behind the focus st's 0-60 is enough for me to not really care if someone hates on the forte. It's quick and fun to drive on top of a whole lot of other things.
And the potential some of our vendors are discovering is surpassing all of my expectations.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts